Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP] DM Looking for New Players for a Short D&D 5e Campaign

Hello. I've been working on a homebrew setting, and I would like to run a short campaign to test it out. I'm looking to do one session a week for three or four weeks. Given the small scope of this campaign, I started thinking that it might be a good length for new players looking to get some experience with 5e. I plan to include a mix of RP and combat, as well as a dungeon crawl. Characters will begin at level 1 and level-up at least once over the course of the campaign. This campaign is for new players, and no player is too new. I only ask that players be 15 or older, as interacting with young children is not my strong suit. Depending on player needs, I can help with character creation and answer questions regarding game mechanics. I'm looking for as many as four players. If you're interested, leave a reply. If enough interest is expressed, I'll make a group page and scheduling can be discussed.
hi names ken so i have played a few one-shots but am very intersted in a campaign run o now to make a character and the only thing i would like to know is what day and time your wanting to have the game at. my time zone is cst and my age is 31
I have little experience with Roll20 itself but I have DM'd, but mostly played, with IRL friends around the table playing D&D5e LMoP and Dragon Heist. I enjoy both RP and the combat aspects the game and always up for a good time. I am from Ireland so GMT and I am 16. What times and time zone will the sessions be played?
Hello. Thank you for asking. I didn't have a particular day in mind, but I was thinking of running sessions during the evening. I'm available almost every night starting about 7 or 8, so the start of each session would be then at the earliest. I'm in the EST time zone. I thought it best to hear what nights and specific times potential players are available before deciding anything.

Edited 1550432900
Hello. I'm currently looking to join a group and would be interested in helping you test your campaign setting. I've always wanted to play D&D, but I have no real experience. When I was younger, friends would never commit and I've never really felt comfortable seeking out a local group of strangers. I'm 42 years old and also in the EST zone. Due to work, Friday night or Saturday night would probably work best for me. If you have any questions, please PM me.
hello my name is corey im 20 i played some 5e at a card shop and got the starter set so i know some of the rules and stuff but not a whole lot or anything new to roll20 created a account along time ago but never used it and i really want to get into the game im also est time zone have thursdays fridays and sundays off and anything after 7 during the other days would work 
Hello, I am completely new to Roll20 and DnD but would love to dip my feet in a short campaign. I've been listening to podcasts using 5E for a good while now and have a decent grasp on how the flow works and general rules. The fine print of the rules I will be happy to delve into and learn on my own time before the game would start obviously. I'm available just about every evening during the week save for Fridays. EST Time zone, 23 years old. Let me know if an eager first time player would be a good fit.  
Hi man, Im new to roll 20 and I havent played D&D in a While but Im trying to get back into it,do you still have some room for a half elf Ranger? IM GMT+1 by the way but with a bit of notice I can move my day off at work so been once at week I can play at anytime^^

Edited 1550470643
Thank you all for expressing interest! While I was originally looking for 4 players, I don't want to exclude anyone. Nothing was set in stone, so six people should be fine as well. I'll make a page for the game. This link <a href="https://app.roll20.net/join/4291281/2WdVZA" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/join/4291281/2WdVZA</a> should add you guys to the game. Let me know if it doesn't work. It's my first time making a game on Roll20, so I'm figuring that process out haha.
For clarity, I posted the link to the game so that people who had posted in this thread to express interest could join the game. If you have not made such a post, please to not join the game. If you would like to join, please make a post before doing so. I don't mean to be rude, but if you join the game without having posted to this thread, you will be removed from the game. That said, six is the highest number of players I will be able to manage, so if everyone who has already posted joins, there will be no more room. The person who made this post necessary is an exception (only because I did not think to say as much when I posted the link), but only if the six people who have posted do not all join. If they all join, this person will be removed. I apologize for not being more clear from the beginning.
Hello Ond, Just to let you know, if you do not want every one joining your game, we advise you not to post Open Join links in the forums. This is useful in private messages and other direct one-to-one communication methods. However, if you use it in a more public forum, you have no control over who is clicking it, no way to prevent griefers from filling your chat logs with nonsense and/or vandalizing whichever map page the Player Ribbon is set to, and no way to tell who has been drawing on your maps. If you&nbsp; do &nbsp;kick someone the join link changes and requires you to edit your post with the new link. This is why we strongly discourage posting open join links. Instead we encourage you to&nbsp; create a LFG listing , even if you do not enable that listing, and share the&nbsp; link &nbsp;to your listing. When someone posts to your LFG's&nbsp; Listing Discussion forum , in their post a big blue button will appear by their username and all a GM has to is click 'Invite to Game' and an invitation will be sent their way. If you want to stick with an open join link, just acknowledge that you understand the dangers involved and nothing more need be done or said. :)
@Dragon Dreamer Thank you very much for the advice. I did not think it through very well before posting the link. I have no experience in making games on this site, and this has been a good learning experience. I will be more careful in the future.
the link did not work for me&nbsp;
hey i'm new in this community and would like to learn to play DnD, if some of u guys would like to teach me, that would would be perfect.
Hello, my name is Emanuel but you can call me Manny. I'm semi-new to DnD 5e and I enjoy RPing. I'm free on Saturdays from 7pm EST onwards and on Sundays from 10am EST onwards. I'm more interested in long term campaigns but I won't pass up on smaller ones. You can add me on Discord if you like, I go by Manny#5404, thanks
Hello, everyone. My apologies that actually making this game happen has been so difficult. I made a public listing for the game so you all can find it. I'm fairly certain that should enable me to invite you to the game. I would send the new link - as I changed it - as a PM, but whenever I try to create a new PM, the box that appears has only a subject line with no space for actual text. As such, this is the best I could do. To find the game fairly easily, the advanced search can be used. The game is D&amp;D 5E, set to once a week on Saturdays. The particular listing is "The Town of Everywhere". Hopefully it will be visible soon (apparently this can take some time). I will add people to the group as they find the page, with preference for those who posted earliest on this thread. I apologize for the inconvenience of this. Hopefully everything will go smoothly now. Thank you for your patience with me.
Hi, I am quite new to the DnD scene but watched a lot of videos about it. And it really took my interest. So I decided that I want to start and try it myself. Is this still available? I have flexible availability. ^^
Hello. I have confirmed that the listing for the game is now visible. As such, anyone who wants to join the game can check it out. I'm not sure who is or is not still interested, so at this point I'm planning on adding people to the game as they post on it. Details on the game that I listed in a previous post should help anyone interested find it fairly easily. So for everyone who has asked if the game is still open or if I would allow them to join, yes and yes. For the purpose of keeping the game manageable, I think having four players maximum would be best. Just make a post on the game listing's forum. I look forward to playing with you folks.

Edited 1550714201
Hello, I’m 22 and completely new to DND and looking to wet my feet a little before joining a full lengthed campaign. I’ve been listening to campaign podcasts for the last 6 months so I’m very well versed in how to play the game, I have just never tried to actually play before. I’m available on Saturdays and Sundays during the evening to play, so please let me know if that works, as I’d love to join your campaign. Thank you. Also, the link doesn’t seem to be working for me.&nbsp;

Edited 1550712538
Hello! I am somewhat new to D&amp;D and would love to join you on your campaign. I have played only once, but the run was ended way too early due to DM issues and never got the chance to get at i. I am 19 and I have been studying the rules and books for a while now. I usually keep my evenings open so I can try these things out. Thank you and I would love to hear back from you!
Hello, folks. I found a way around that odd issue I was having with messaging. For whatever reason, replying works just fine. I can send a link to join the game that way, so I'll send the link to whoever sends me a PM about it. Since there are more people who have asked about the game than I have availability, I'll be sending links to whoever PMs me first. Once again, I apologize for this whole thing being so trying. I also sincerely hope that those who can't get into this game can find a different game to join.