Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Group initiative

Hi - is there any way of selecting a group of monsters and getting initiative rolls for each of them (into the Tracker too) - other than doing it on an individual basis, that is?

Edited 1550415964
There is an API script called GroupInitiative. It is in the One-Click API list. As a Pro subscriber you can install API scripts into games you create.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
There's a wiki page to help you with the configuration , depending on the sheet you use.
Hi Rabulias - I suspected that some kind soul might have developed such a useful tool - I'll look for it immediately...  Keith - I use the Roll20 5E sheet. So, based on the Wiki, I instantiate at the start of the session it with  !group-init --set-roller  Individual-Roll   then, in game, select my tokens and invoke it with  ! group-init  --add-group --bare initiative_bonus .  Is that right?

Edited 1550431808
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
No, just issue both of those commands to configure the script to work with your sheet. Then whenever you need to roll initiative, just select the tokens and use: !group-init If you run into issues, just enter: !group-init --del-group 1 a few times to clear out anything you may have inadvertently set up and start from the beginning. Once you have it set up and working, you should not need to mess with the config instructions again.