Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP] [D&D 5e] [Paid] Curse of Strahd @ Fridays 8pm EST!

Edited 1550418080
Ambitosis
Marketplace Creator
Hello Roll20, I'm Matt, a fun loving veteran DM who's looking for some adventurers to take on iconic and exciting adventures. I've been running for all sorts of wonderful people here in the Roll20 community, and this time, we are opening a brand new game of Curse of Strahd to take place Friday evenings at 8pm Eastern . We'll be starting fresh at level 1, or maybe level 3, depending on group consensus! This is a great opportunity not only for first time players, but veterans who are looking to get into one of the most highly acclaimed campaign settings. If you're not sure what Curse of Strahd is like, it's a dark, gothic horror setting where you overcome the grim mists and the monsters within in order to escape a vampire lord's trappings. Lots of roleplay to be had with the people who live there, and a classic villain to overcome! Sessions should be  about 4 hours , with a few breaks in the middle. It should be a fun ride! With a lot of supplemental content, extra resources and a lot of experience running the setting, it's bound to be an adventure very different from your usual table. I've a lot of experience running premium games, and am pretty conscious about what people expect from them. The first game is free , come see if you like it! Our games and groups are very new player friendly! We're more than happy to walk you through character creation if that's something new to you. By the end of the introductory content, even as a brand new player, you should be comfortable with the game and its systems. If you're a veteran but have never played a written campaign before, it has a lot to offer - hopefully with you joining us. You can find more info about me and the campaign in the LFG post, linked below. The games all feature the full weight of a   Roll20 Pro subscription   (custom sheets, API scripts, great dynamic lighting effects, sound and music if that's your thing too), and all the experience of a GM with thousands of hours running games for the community. I've also purchased every official publication and compendium to use, along with several from reputable publishers such as Kobold Press' material, and supplements that definitely add to each of the different adventures in their own way. Plenty to see!  The  games listed are pay to play. If you're not sure if this type of game is right for you,  you can visit my old feedback thread , or jump into our Discord and talk to any of the players playing my other current running games. Check out the LFG post for the game here, where you can apply to play! This game will require payment to the Game Master at a rate of $20 USD per session via PayPal (first game is free!). Roll20 is not responsible for any payment transactions and cannot enforce any private arrangements.
hey everyone, i'm wixen and i'm one of the players that'll be joining you on this adventure!  i've only known distorted for about two or so months but he's the first DM who gave me a chance as a new player coming into the D&D scene and i'm incredibly thankful that he did. i was a bit nervous going into it, but the atmosphere he runs is nice and relaxing. he really allows the players to direct the story and goes with the flow of the overall narative and arc that the plot has.  i honestly look forward to friday nights every single week for the sessions he runs because i always want MORE when the night is over. friday's just can't come fast enough sometimes!  i really hope that you decide to join us and if you have any questions feel free to shoot me a message or pop in the discord and have a chat! i look forward to adventuring with you! c:
i will echo everything wixen said, having just finished a campaign with them. distorted really does make everything smooth and easy!  i had played D&D 2e many years ago, but just got into 5e so it was really helpful to have a stellar DM to walk me back through the ropes. we hope you join us!!!!
hey, everyone! we're still looking for some people to jump in this vampire filled game with us! we are starting fresh with new characters at lvl 1 if that was a concern for people! so it's a great jumping point for new dnd'ers and old dnd'ers alike.  distorted is an amazing dm. he's got just the right amount of flair and then backs off for us, the players, to react and marvel in what's going on. we played dragon heist with him, and it was more rp focused than battle bc mysteryyy but every combat we did was intense ok. he makes every choice matter, and that's what's so great about d&d, right? we're able to make a snap decision that we normally wouldn't in real life and see how the world around us changes. he does such a good job taking what we do into account, even if it's a stupid decision. and, as an added bonus, you'll get to laugh at me getting freaked out by all the HorrorTM themes ok. it'll be a great time for you. come have a good time and laugh at my pain (:
Ambitosis
Marketplace Creator
Still have a few slots open for those who are looking for some grand adventures in the mists.
hey everyone!! we're still looking for one more person to join us. someone had to dip out unfortunately ): we haven't started yet so now is the perfect time to join!  we currently have a warlock, cleric, wizard, and barbarian so there's plenty of classes to pick from (and i'm more than willing to reroll my warlock because i have too many character concepts in mind))!!