Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Can't see video of one particular players without "video and voice" broadcast

Hello, In my game we usually play with "video only" broadcast and receive, since we use Discord for voice. Since the last update, a player I have played with for years now - and have always seen - can't see my camera feed and I can't see his. We're the only ones who can't see each other, the rest of our parties can see both of us, but we can't see each others. Today, trying to right the problem, we tried changing the setting to broadcast "video and voice" and we can see each other. Even if only one of us changes to "video and voice", we start seeing each other with no issue. I don't know if the "video and voice" system is different from "video only", but we appear to be only able to connect to each other when at least one of us is broadcasting "video and voice" The content of our WebRTC Debug Log(he's Lance): ----- Personal LOG ----- Loading Roll20 Chat Event Handlers Number of other Players: 0 Started local media Number of other Players: 1 Handle Signalling Video Quality high Reconnect! Send All Message: disc 1550420642638 Number of other Players: 1 Started local media Handle Signalling Video Quality high Offer TO: Lance Candidate TO: Lance Candidate TO: Lance Candidate TO: Lance Candidate TO: Lance Candidate TO: Lance Candidate TO: Lance Candidate TO: Lance Candidate TO: Lance Candidate TO: Lance Candidate TO: Lance Answer FROM: Lance Candidate FROM: Lance Connected TO: Lance Candidate FROM: Lance Send All Message: collectlogs 1550420653580 Individual Message FROM: Lance sendlogs 1550420653194 ----- END Personal LOG ----- ----- Lance LOG ----- Loading Roll20 Chat Event Handlers Number of other Players: 1 Started local media Handle Signalling Video Quality high E All Message FROM: The DM Thing disc 1550420642638 Closing! The DM Thing Closed! The DM Thing Offer FROM: The DM Thing Candidate FROM: The DM Thing Candidate FROM: The DM Thing Candidate FROM: The DM Thing Candidate FROM: The DM Thing Answer TO: The DM Thing Candidate FROM: The DM Thing Candidate FROM: The DM Thing Candidate FROM: The DM Thing Candidate FROM: The DM Thing Candidate TO: The DM Thing Candidate FROM: The DM Thing Candidate FROM: The DM Thing Candidate TO: The DM Thing Connected TO: The DM Thing All Message FROM: The DM Thing collectlogs 1550420653580 Send Message To: The DM Thing sendlogs 1550420653194 ----- END Lance LOG -----
Hello Drekey, I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with the site. Let's carefully work through Steps 1 through 8 of the Roll20 guide to  Audio Visual Troubleshooting : Step 1: Make sure you’re using the most recent version of either Chrome or Firefox Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome  and  Firefox. Step 2: Give Roll20 permission to use your microphone and camera Step 3: Make sure Video and Voice are turned on inside Roll20 Step 4: Clear your Web Browser’s Cache Step 5: Make sure you have the right ports open Step 6: Check if your camera is working with WebRTC Step 7: Check that your camera is functioning Step 8: Do a bandwidth test If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through  Step 9 : Step 9: Solving Technical Issues Step 9.2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable  all  add-ons/extensions. Step 9.4: Provide a bug report If the problem persists after completing all of these steps, please provide us a new Console Log. If you have a macbook pro (or a macbook in general), try this: open a terminal and type "sudo killall VDCAssistant" to see if this solves the issue. Information can be found  here in an Apple forum post . Thank you!
Hi Dragon Dreamer, We've already done all those things, since we've found that same post in other forum questions. This would be us trying to do Step 9.4. Providing a bug report. Should we be doing it somewhere else?
Hello Drekey, Thank you for providing us with that additional information and are sorry to hear that you are still having the issue.  You can provide all of the information requested in  Step 9.4: Provide a bug report  in this thread. As soon as we receive all of the information requested, we will be able to provide you with additional assistance. 

Edited 1550448420
A detailed description of the issue. The more information you can give us, the better able we'll be to fix the issue promptly! Since the last update, a player I have played with for years now - and have always seen - can't see my camera feed and I can't see his. We're the only ones who can't see each other, the rest of our parties can see both of us, but we can't see each others. Today, trying to right the problem, we tried changing the setting to broadcast "video and voice" and we can see each other. Even if only one of us changes to "video and voice", we start seeing each other with no issue. Step by step instructions on how to reproduce the issue. Both enter the game with "Video only" broadcast - we can see ourselves but not each other Either of us changes to "Video and Audio" broadcast - we start seeing each other Your computer's settings (A good place to find this info if you don't know it is  Support Details ): Web Browser- Chrome Browser Version - Version 72.0.3626.109 (Official Build) (64-bit) Operating System - Windows 10 Home 64bit If Javascript is enabled - Yes Your anti-virus software - Windows Defender(Would rather give this information in a more "private" environment) List of any browser add-ons or extensions enabled - Usual google ones(drive, hangouts, etc) You can optionally include screenshots by using the "Attach a File" link when submitting a post. Can't find the "attach a file" link, there's a "picture" button, is that it? Don't think a screenshot would help here though, don't know exactly what to screenshot. If you find it relevant just say so and I'll try to attach it A Console Log from the moment you logged into the page through when you encountered the issue. ----- Personal LOG ----- Loading Roll20 Chat Event Handlers Number of other Players: 1 Started local media Handle Signalling Video Quality high E Reconnect! Send All Message: disc 1550447890540 Closing! Lance Closed! Lance Number of other Players: 1 Started local media Handle Signalling Video Quality high Offer TO: Lance Candidate TO: Lance Candidate TO: Lance Candidate TO: Lance Candidate TO: Lance Candidate TO: Lance Candidate TO: Lance Candidate TO: Lance Candidate TO: Lance Candidate TO: Lance Candidate TO: Lance Answer FROM: Lance Candidate FROM: Lance Connected TO: Lance Candidate FROM: Lance Reconnect! Send All Message: disc 1550447898940 Closing! Lance Closed! Lance Number of other Players: 1 Started local media Handle Signalling Video Quality high E Send All Message: collectlogs 1550447901945 Individual Message FROM: Lance sendlogs 1550447901917 ----- END Personal LOG ----- ----- Lance LOG ----- Loading Roll20 Chat Event Handlers Number of other Players: 0 Started local media Number of other Players: 1 Handle Signalling Video Quality high All Message FROM: The DM Thing disc 1550447890540 Offer FROM: The DM Thing Candidate FROM: The DM Thing Candidate FROM: The DM Thing Candidate FROM: The DM Thing Candidate FROM: The DM Thing Candidate FROM: The DM Thing Candidate FROM: The DM Thing Candidate FROM: The DM Thing Candidate FROM: The DM Thing Answer TO: The DM Thing Candidate TO: The DM Thing Candidate FROM: The DM Thing Candidate FROM: The DM Thing Candidate TO: The DM Thing Connected TO: The DM Thing All Message FROM: The DM Thing disc 1550447898940 Closing! The DM Thing Closed! The DM Thing All Message FROM: The DM Thing collectlogs 1550447901945 Send Message To: The DM Thing sendlogs 1550447901917 ----- END Lance LOG ----- I think that is all, if you need anything else just say so.
Hello again Drekey, Thank you for that information. To be able to improve our integrated WebRTC Video and Voice chat system, I am going to post this information in the   Video and Voice Chat - Integrated WebRTC  feedback thread .  As such, I am going ahead and closing this thread. Please keep an eye on that thread for any updates. Thanks.