Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

too much dices are rolled...

Hi,  I dont understand , when i roll dices by my keyboard, the number of dices that i have chosen is right ( /r 1D100) , but when i push on the button on the character sheet ( on coc V7 ) everytime 6 dices 100 are rolled . What'is the problem ?  Thx !! 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I assume you are talking about the difference between the number of dice displayed in a roll template vs the number of graphic dice rolled on the tabletop. Many systems require extra dice to be rolled in certain conditions (advantage, critical hits). All dice must be rolled at the time of rolling. The dice engine does not have discretionary logic; it doesn't"know" when extra dice are needed, so it rolls them all. The Roll Template only shows dice that are needed; it does have logic. So unless there is a crit, it will hide the extra dice. The graphic dice engine is not connected to the Roll Template. It just rolls every die required and displays them. So if you are rolling 3d6, but on a crit you would roll 6d6, the roll template displays the first three, but the graphic dice display all six. In practice, the graphic dice are more of a fun thing to watch. For the official roll, always consult the chat window.
Thank you 
Hello Alceste, Since you have a solution to your issue, I am going ahead and closing this thread. If you have any further issues, feel free to open up a new thread.