Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

The Command !longrest isn't working in my game

I'm using the 5th Edition OGL Companion API Script to enable long rests and various tracking for my players, and I have noticed that whenever I try to use the !longrest command I get the following output from the API screen: "NO CHARACTER BY THAT NAME FOUND" I have tried to find the issue myself, but to no avail. (No special characters in names, no spaces at the start or end of the name). I am stumped.
How are you calling the !longrest command? Is it from an Ability macro in a Character sheet, or from chat (eg. !longrest Bob) ? If the latter it's probably not able to parse which character you are referring to. If you can post a screenshot of your chat that would help.
I worked it out. It was something to do with their "name" it the edit section of the character sheet being different to the name shown on the character sheet. No idea how that came up, but making the two the same fixed it.