Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Ammo Tracking not working: no Ammo option

Edited 1550843962
Hi there, was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. &nbsp;I recently installed the API to enable Ammo Tracking with the OGL sheet. &nbsp;I tried setting it up following this guide ( <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/OGL_5e_DnD:_How_to_setup_Ammunition_and_Resource_tracker" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/OGL_5e_DnD:_How_to_setup_Ammunition_and_Resource_tracker</a> ). &nbsp;However, when I go to the weapon, there is no option to input Ammo (screenshot attached). &nbsp;I had a go at setting it up the other day, and I managed to get it working for one player but not another. &nbsp;If I recall, the option to input ammo was available then. &nbsp;However, none of the players now have the option and ammo tracking is not working for either of them. &nbsp;The API is however, installed and the Ammo Tracking is marked on both sheets. Any help greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance. Akril

Edited 1550874731
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
The 5e by Roll20 sheet has a toggle on the settings page to enable ammo tracking. When that is toggled on, the ammo field will appear. Note, that this is a setting that is unique to each character.

Edited 1550908213
Hi Scott, thank you for your reply. I double checked and the Ammo Tracking is turned on in both the game’s settings and the individual character’s sheet. &nbsp;I thought this was the case as I had previously seen the option to enter the ammo type. &nbsp;Very curious. I’ve also disabled the API script, reenabled and double checked the settings were both selected but alas, still no option to input ammo. &nbsp;Any other ideas? Thanks again Akrik&nbsp;
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
hmm, weird. Can you post a screengrab of the settings page for the sheet that's having issues?
You could also try re-checking the setting on the character. A similar issue was found with halfling luck through the charactermancer that would check the box within the character's settings, but not actually affect the character's rolls. Perhaps this is a similar issue where the setting is "checked" but a sheetworker was not run for the setting to actually implement the setting.
Kyle G. said: You could also try re-checking the setting on the character. A similar issue was found with halfling luck through the charactermancer that would check the box within the character's settings, but not actually affect the character's rolls. Perhaps this is a similar issue where the setting is "checked" but a sheetworker was not run for the setting to actually implement the setting. In that case with the Luck, did toggling it off and back on in the sheet resolve it by tickling the sheet worker?&nbsp;
PS: &nbsp;Yes I am only replying to this thread because it keeps jumping into my eye because of the title.
I don't know first hand, but I would assume re-checking the setting would resolve the issue. If the sheetworker, perhaps, ignores changes through the API, then manually toggling the setting would trigger the sheetworker.
Apologies for the delayed reply, (been away with work). &nbsp;I toggled the settings and that definitely solved something as the ammo field on the sheet is now available again. &nbsp;However, using the weapon doesn’t seem to expend any ammo, so I’m not sure what’s happening there. &nbsp;I’ll have a further play around and let you know. &nbsp; Thanks fkr for the help Kyle. Sordy to have caught you eye Ammo ;)
I would double check that the ammo field is spelled exactly as it is in the resource field (check for errant spaces perhaps).