Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Ghosts of the Salt Marsh?

Is this going to be a planned release for Roll20 when it comes out?
Dude it's not even released as hardcover XD
We all want it ;D since I host for money it’ll bring in that precious booty so I’m eager to know as well.
Roll20 is typically very prompt in getting the latest modules in the marketplace. So I would imagine that this will be released around the same time as it is available to buy the hardcover book from Amazon.

Edited 1551113909
Dean
Roll20 Team
We have plans to support this product at or around launch. Can't say much more than that at this time :)
Thanks Dean.   That is all I was asking for.
A proper release this time or a  copy past of the maps with circle token for 60 Bucks?
Dean
Roll20 Team
Pre-orders are open now, and it will be releasing May 10th on Roll20 :)&nbsp; <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/bundle/83/" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/bundle/83/</a>
Thanks Dean!&nbsp; Just Pre-ordered itt&nbsp; :)
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Beholder T. said: A proper release this time or a&nbsp; copy past of the maps with circle token for 60 Bucks? Roll20 can only use materials provided by the license holder. If there is no art for a character, Roll20 has no recourse for providing their own. They cannot add to a module's content without express permission from WotC. To my knowledge, this has been given once, for the Monster Manual. There is far more to the conversion than "copy-paste of the maps". Dynamic lighting, character sheets, cross indexed handouts, and optimization of resources that were never designed for a VTT are just a few of the things that go into module production. Whether you feel this is worth the price is of course a personal decision.
Wait...Am I missing something? Saltmarsh doesn't even come out in hardcover til the 21st of May. We're getting it 11 days early on Roll20? That can't be right can it?
Jeremy R. said: Wait...Am I missing something? Saltmarsh doesn't even come out in hardcover til the 21st of May. We're getting it 11 days early on Roll20? That can't be right can it? Jeremy R. I noticed the same thing. Sitting here waiting patiently for my hardcover, pre-ordered as soon as that was available, watching the mailbox, and Roll20's over here making unholy bargains behind the scene. Lol! Ah well. Will have to add it to my list of "the wife's having a good day" Roll20 purchases. Hehehe.

Edited 1554769649
Matt
KS Backer
Will this be module like the Free "Master Vault" Intro demo? A ready-to-go like Module, Where I can load the module into Roll20?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The Marketplace description says, "Play through the whole story in a seafaring campaign leading characters from level 1 through level 12, or Dungeon Masters can easily pull out sections to place in ongoing campaigns in any setting." This would seem to indicate a high likelihood that this will be a collection of addons, like Tales from the Yawning Portal, meaning that you could load each chapter into an existing game. But I'm just speculating based on the text.
Dean
Roll20 Team
Jeremy R. said: Wait...Am I missing something? Saltmarsh doesn't even come out in hardcover til the 21st of May. We're getting it 11 days early on Roll20? That can't be right can it? We are launching Ghosts of Saltmarsh the same day other hobby stores launch it. Up to this point, this has been standard practice for WotC to allow hobby stores to launch a product slightly earlier. Hope that helps!
Alex Winters
Marketplace Creator
what prompted the backtracking on this to releasing on the hardcover date instead?
I noticed this too.,&nbsp; &nbsp; Changed from the 10th to the 21st....
Dean
Roll20 Team
Apologies on that. The blog, announcement thread, and some private messages were updated, but I overlooked my previous reply here. Wizards of the Coast has recently updated their policy for retailers, and we are all now in line for a single launch date on this product, where previously May 10th was the approved date. This change was communicated to us this week and we updated the information as soon as we received it. Apologies for any confusion, and thanks for your understanding!