Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Creature Codex Bug Reporting Thread

Dean
Roll20 Team
This is the official thread for Creature Codex bug reports. Please report any issues or inconsistencies here. We will also pass any feedback along to the publisher. Thank you!
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
A couple of issues I have noticed: Animal Lords (of all types) seem to not be creating NPC sheets or adding any attributes when added to a game. All other creatures that I have tested at random are correctly populating to NPC sheets. Tokens are not correct size. All Large or larger tokens default to the standard Medium (single grid square) creature size on the table.
Couple issues: As stated above, all Large or larger creatures have medium sized token Since downloading, the Filters when searching monsters in the Compendium seem to of been affected. I can now only sort creatures from CC and the CR dropdown is no longer in order but appears to be random.  No spellcasters in CC or Tome of Beasts have their spells added to their sheets, although they are considered "spellcasting NPCs". Not sure if this was purposeful or not due to not being able to post all the spells due to copywrite or something. As stated above, Animal Lords also do not work for me.
Dean
Roll20 Team
Thanks so much for your initial reports. Responses in bold below :) Mira said: Couple issues: As stated above, all Large or larger creatures have medium sized token Thanks! Investigating. Since downloading, the Filters when searching monsters in the Compendium seem to of been affected. I can now only sort creatures from CC and the CR dropdown is no longer in order but appears to be random.  That's a problem, devs are researching and fixing now. Thanks for the notice! No spellcasters in CC or Tome of Beasts have their spells added to their sheets, although they are considered "spellcasting NPCs". Not sure if this was purposeful or not due to not being able to post all the spells due to copywrite or something. This is something that has not yet been supported in D&D bestiaries. This is a feature we are looping back around on to add to them, now that we have support more built out. I don't have a timeline besides Soonish. As stated above, Animal Lords also do not work for me. Thanks, investigating!
Dean
Roll20 Team
Filter and CR issues are resolved now. Thanks again for pointing that out so quickly :)
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Animal Lords (and a few other creatures) should now have character sheets when pulled to the tabletop! Token size is still being fixed, thank you all for your reports. 
I'm currently having an issue with creatures from Creature Codex. Real quick, I use Chrome and Shaped sheet. When dragging and dropping creatures that are from Creature Codex it will load the creatures statblock and proper token with proper vision, but doesn't seem to load any of their actions; other than Lair Actions and Regional effects. I've cleared my caches and tried disabling all Scripts as well as any addons, then attempted to generate a creature but it doesn't seem to have helped. It also is just creatures from Creature Codex as all other creatures in my compendium (MM1, VG1, TOB, MTOF, GGTR) have no issues loading creatures.  Lastly, I've also tested this issue on OGL sheets and it doesn't seem to have the same problem.  Thanks!
The Dragonborn Light Cavalry and Wyvern Knight appear to be missing their tokens.

Edited 1551719631
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Free Points said: I'm currently having an issue with creatures from Creature Codex. Real quick, I use Chrome and Shaped sheet. When dragging and dropping creatures that are from Creature Codex it will load the creatures statblock and proper token with proper vision, but doesn't seem to load any of their actions; other than Lair Actions and Regional effects. I've cleared my caches and tried disabling all Scripts as well as any addons, then attempted to generate a creature but it doesn't seem to have helped. It also is just creatures from Creature Codex as all other creatures in my compendium (MM1, VG1, TOB, MTOF, GGTR) have no issues loading creatures.  Lastly, I've also tested this issue on OGL sheets and it doesn't seem to have the same problem.  Thanks! This is an issue with the Shaped Sheet (which is community-created), and can't be resolved here. My guess is that there is some small but critical tweak that was made to how Compendium info is entered for this product that breaks Shaped Sheet's parsing. The proper recourse is to go to the Issue Tracker for Shaped Sheet ( not the forum thread), and create an issue. There's also a link at the bottom of every character sheet. Kryx has been pretty hands off on upgrades over the last year, but has been known to step in on large issues like this. EDIT: I just checked, and the issue has already been added, but you could add your vote to it.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Grove - Thanks, those tokens should be available shortly Free Points - Keith is correct, you will need to inform the community sheet creator of any issues with community sheets. 
Ambitosis
Marketplace Creator
What about the SRD format is changed? Apparently the way you've added these creatures is not consistent with your earlier standards.

Edited 1551733537
Dean
Roll20 Team
Distorted GMing said: What about the SRD format is changed? Apparently the way you've added these creatures is not consistent with your earlier standards. The standards have indeed been updated in order to support more advanced drag and drop, Charactermancer character creation, leveling up, etc. However, all the updated standards are available for others to see and utilize in their own creations at any point :)
I can see that some people have noted that tokens aren't loading properly.  I believe there is a bigger issue at play, cannot load any 'monsters' from the CC. Stat blocks wont load along with tokens reverting to the default token. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Jamie F. said: I can see that some people have noted that tokens aren't loading properly.  I believe there is a bigger issue at play, cannot load any 'monsters' from the CC. Stat blocks wont load along with tokens reverting to the default token.  I'm not seeing this behavior. What sheet are you using?
Any ETA on the token-size issue?
Dean
Roll20 Team
Kasper N. said: Any ETA on the token-size issue? Not at this moment, but it's a high prio bug and being investigated. We'll update when we have info soon. Thanks for your patience :)
some of the small creature tokes are scaled similar to tiny creatures the crimson tusk ogre dosn't scale correctly  (or at least dungeons with wider grids) and night scorpion token is off for a large creature 
Yeh the creature actions do not parse over. Ive asked for a refund, very dissapointed, did no one test this with the shaped sheet at roll20?. Honestly. If it's meant solely for the roll20 sheet then it should clearly state so. What a pity.
Dean
Roll20 Team
Ade S said: Yeh the creature actions do not parse over. Ive asked for a refund, very dissapointed, did no one test this with the shaped sheet at roll20?. Honestly. If it's meant solely for the roll20 sheet then it should clearly state so. What a pity. Hi Ade. Sorry to hear of your disappointment. In general you can expect that any product from a major publisher released on Roll20 will be created for the official sheet if there is one, as investment wise it is their guarantee for lifetime support and functionality. We do make the information and resources available to community sheet creators to support data to the same standards, and reach out to creators on such. I've now added into the product description for Kobold Press to clarify that this is supported by the Official sheet. Thanks for your feedback, and if you would like a refund, just reach out to <a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a> and they can process that for you.
Just bought the Creature Codex and at my dismay found out the tokens are pogs.&nbsp; &nbsp;Maybe I would have bought it still but probably not.&nbsp; &nbsp;I'm not quite sure if this is the right place to post, sorry if it isn't.&nbsp; &nbsp;Just don't like pogs!
Dean
Roll20 Team
Delmer F. said: Just bought the Creature Codex and at my dismay found out the tokens are pogs.&nbsp; &nbsp;Maybe I would have bought it still but probably not.&nbsp; &nbsp;I'm not quite sure if this is the right place to post, sorry if it isn't.&nbsp; &nbsp;Just don't like pogs! Currently, all bestiary content on Roll20 uses pog style tokens. This is generally because book art is not formatted for top-down tabletop view, and pogs make the most stylistic sense. If you're immediately unhappy with your purchase you're free to reach out to <a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a> to request a product refund.&nbsp;

Edited 1552698174
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Kobold Press did contract Devin Night to make top-down tokens for all of Tome of Beasts; they are in the Marketplace (separate purchase of course). It is possible that they may do something similar for Creature Codex. I asked their editor about it at Gary Con last week, but she didn't know if they had made that sort of plans. That would be more of a call for Wolfgang or whomever their AD or marketing director is.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Token Sizes should now be working correctly!
why did it stop showing in my games compendiums? the new monsters just aren"t there anymore.
Dean
Roll20 Team
Yuval said: why did it stop showing in my games compendiums? the new monsters just aren"t there anymore. Hi Yuval. Sorry to hear you're having an issue. If your game is using a D&amp;D fifth edition sheet, the compendium should still show in the compendium tab. Are you able to access the compendium on the web?&nbsp;<a href="https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Creature%20Codex" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Creature%20Codex</a>

Edited 1553733979
Hello the new monsters aren't there for me either, I cant even search them in the link you posted approx. 4 hours ago, but when I navigate to the creature codex page it says that it have been purchased already. Edit: As per the replies below, everything appears to be working for me now.

Edited 1553728301
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Yuval and Daniel - It should be working fine for you now! Thank you so much for the report, please let us know if you have any other issues. Edit: Apologies, I spoke a little too soon, we are rolling out a fix to get these creatures updated. In the meantime you should be able to access them all in-app (in a game).&nbsp;&nbsp;
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Fix has been deployed, it may still be rebuilding for you, but should be fully functional shortly. Thank you!
I'm seeing a very specific bug with the Greater Rakshasa. Right now, whenever I try to pull it on the board it creates a PC Sheet without any stats. If I change it to NPC, it still shows no stats and won't accept stat blocks from the compendium.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Thank you Christopher - We've seen this happen on a few creatures across compendiums but as it's inconsistent it's been hard to nail down. I appreciate the report! I've sent this along for investigation.&nbsp;

Edited 1556663113
Excellent work with the conversion, only thing I've found: The tokens for small sized creatures are scaled to be smaller than 1 square. This is only an issue, because in WotC content and Kobold Press' previous release ToB small sized creatures are scaled to be 1 square, similar to medium sized creatures. Here's an example of three small creatures <a href="https://i.imgur.com/hh0Gs7O.jpg" rel="nofollow">https://i.imgur.com/hh0Gs7O.jpg</a> the first from the Monster Manual, second from Tome of Beasts and third from Creature Codex