Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

MACRO Conditionals and automatic value changing.

Edited 1551842002
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
I am requesting this again because originally it was closed because it did not get the minim of 10 votes needed. From: Moriatti I think it would be helpful for streamlining some combat systems if there was the ability to change output based on conditionals. If { (@{selected|strength}+1d20)>(@{target|defense})} Then {[[2d10]] "damage!"} Else {"Miss"} I also think it would be useful to tell macros to alter values for characters, something like: HP = HP-1; Or something like that I would VERY much like to have this. PLUS: Assign values to variables instead of having to use a Query function.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Well, the the alter values is already possible; it just requires the game's creator to be a pro subscriber and have an appropriate api script installed, like chatsetAttr. Would I like to see it integrated directly into Roll20? Of course, but I'm not expecting that to happen. As for your values to variables; I'm not sure what you're asking for here. Characters have attributes which you can reference, if you need something done dynamically, then there are queries. I'm not seeing the missing use case.
I believe the "values to variables" is more in reference to a die roll result. Would be useful for things that do half of a previous roll, for example vampiric touch  for D&D 5e which heals the character for half of the damage inflicted.  Damage done: {damage | [[3d6]]} Healing [[@{damage}/2]] Unfortunately devs have stated they do not plan on implementing conditional functionality in macros anytime soon. At least this was the statement more than a year ago .

Edited 1551920213
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Yes, I am referring to Macros and not an API script. If the devs stated they have no plans for this well one can hope -perhaps if we get the 200+ votes we need. I have seen this brought up many time sin the past and I just want to keep the thought going.
simple IF/THEN/ELSE statements would be SOOO useful!
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Carnivorous Meat said: simple IF/THEN/ELSE statements would be SOOO useful! Thanks for your support!
+1
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Tom S.✌❽ said: +1 Thanks for your support.

Edited 1553503766
Well, it does collide directly with API features. Perhaps it could be possible to make the macro conditionals, etc. also paid? Otherwise you'd essentially ask the roll20 team to make a paid feature free. But it would be useful, as currently there is no way to ask a user for an input conditionally. (That is, if the macro conditionals are going to have that feature....)

Edited 1553904268
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Due to the recent Community Roundtable, conditions for Macros was brought and Nolan basically stated when first  they implemented Macros the decision was made to made Conditions part of the API, something for the Pro user,.They said they might look at this sometime in the future but for now they have no plans to change this. So I am removing my vote and I suggest others do the same.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .