Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Using ammunition tracker without the excess roll for class resources

So I am trying to set up the ammunition tracker for the 5e OGL sheet for Ki. I have set an item called Ki to be a resource and have a blank attack to be the attack that triggers the resource being used but I have noticed that if I set it to not actually roll anything for the attack it wont subtract the resource. This leaves an uneeded roll in the chat. Is there any way to avoid this?
Ammo usage is tied to a rolltemplate on the character sheet; specifically, the atk, atkdmg, or dmg rolltemplate. So if you aren't using one of these templates, the functionality to decrement ammo is not called even if you have the ammunition specified.  If you are wanting to simply push a button to decrement the Ki points without using a rolltemplate in chat, my recommendation is to use the ChatSetAttr API script. Using this script you can attach a command to any macro to decrement the Ki points. However, it will not output in the same format as the 5e OGL Companion script would.