Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Script/AskingforHelp] D&D5 macro bar organization

Edited 1552058610
Hello Everyone, I've been playing Cleric recently I have a lot of macros that keep changing, so I'd like to organize my different spells in some drop down menu to organize them by level/prepared spells. I had a look into  API:Function_documentation  but couldn't find the way to change the way macro are organized. Is it even possible to change this thing ? If not is there another way to achieve something similar ?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
The API requires a game created by an active Pro subscriber. If the game you’re in doesn’t meet that criteria, the API won’t be available.  That said, the API can only affect the game’s state, not a player’s UI. It can’t create drop downs or forms or anything. An API script could whisper you a list of buttons to trigger various macros, or it could change what macros do, giving the illusion of a UI change. It depends on what you want, how good you are with Javascript, and your ability to make clever use of the  capabilities the API access to Roll20 gives you. 
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'd look into using a Chat Menu ... it'll revolutionise your outlook :)
The Aaron, dont worry my GM created a game for me to test Api scripts for our other game. I am not used to JS but I working in IT and I am able to write code without problems. I think I will go for Ziechael solution. I did not see it but it matches my needs. I'd like to propose this feature to roll20, is there a place for me to put this feature or help on this? Also thank you for your really fast answers :)
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
The Suggestions and Ideas forum is the place for that.