Advertisement Create a free account

[LFP][5E] DM with wide open schedule looking to expand my player base.

Edited 1552609225
Hey there! I'm Josh, I'm 25, and I'm a full time rideshare driver. I have all the time in the world to run D&amp;D. I'm looking to get a group together ASAP. Weekdays between 9AM and 3PM Eastern are preferred, but I am flexible. If you have a similarly open schedule, let me know and we'll see what we can do. Please read the rest of this post before messaging me or responding. Notes on my DMing: I keep a good balance of crunch and narrative, though I do thoroughly enjoy tacking on grindy rulesets to enhance certain aspects of the game(survival, weather, encumbrance, etc.). I tend to lean "lethal", but in terms of stakes and consequences, not mathematics. I'm pretty no-nonsense, both when it comes to tone and to rules. I don't like pointless slapstick humor, and you won't find variant rules like critical fails in my games. I only like things that add to the game, not make people feel dumb or take us out of the game. That being said, I am a fan of more mature themes and higher stakes, and there is certainly room for comic relief at times.&nbsp; The same applies for my expectations of players. I'm not a fan of off topic excess table talk or obvious "metagaming", and I expect genuine attempts at roleplay. I will accept new players, but I would like you to already be somewhat comfortable with the concept of roleplaying. We will use Roll20's sheets for rolls and tracking things. Discord will be used for voice. This is mandatory. If you have a lot of background noise, are a weak speaker, or have some other issue with using voice chat please do not apply. Discord will also be used for music and ambiance at times and I consider it an important part of the game. My games are largely player directed. I thrive off of improv and require player input to keep things moving. Railroading is no fun for me, and I consider it a failure on my part when I feel the need to resort to it. I expect all of us to be able to have clear, concise, conversations about any issues or questions that may arise in a timely manner out of game. I own the following modules: Lost Mine of Phandelver, Hoard of the Dragon Queen/Rise of Tiamat, Tales from the Yawning Portal, Tomb of Annihilation, Curse of Strahd, and&nbsp; Waterdeep: Dragon Heist/Dungeon of the Mad Mage. I also own Matt Colville's Strongholds and Followers , and I would very much like to run a game using the systems therein. The group(s) formed here will meet at the same time and day weekly for around 4 hours. Please fill out the following and respond with it here. Do not apply with a character, simply answer the questions but feel free to add anything you find important. Message me directly with any questions. The link below is a placeholder, once a group is formed I will change it as needed or create a new one. Name/Age/Timezone/Gender: Experience with RPGs/5E: Favorite D&amp;D moments/strong point: D&amp;D pet peeves/weak points: Days and times you are available(the wider the better): Choose one of the following: Socialize, explore, strategize&nbsp; Broadly, what sorts of PCs do you like to play: Is there anything you are not willing to compromise on what you want/do not want in a D&amp;D game: Link to placeholder listing: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/153204/placeholder-for-lfp" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/153204/placeholder-for-lfp</a>
Just a note: if you are a DM of similar opinions looking for playera, I'd be more than happy to join your game as well!

Edited 1552602935
Name/Age/Timezone/Gender: Mike, 25, GMT, Male Experience with RPGs/5E: I have been playing tabletop for 10 years and GMing for about 7 Favorite D&amp;D moments/strong point: I love character development and group dynamics, roleplay and forming bonds between characters, fleshing out backstories, revealing hidden things in their past and reaching goals set for the future. D&amp;D pet peeves/weak points: rules lawyering and being the star of the show, not giving others a fair shout is irritating to me, as far as my weak points goes, heavy optimization for combat based campaigns, while I can do combat and like to have a few fights as long as it makes sense in the story, particularly difficult combat focused campaigns tend to run me down quickly as I don't optimize or min-max (like always picking the best class/race combos etc)&nbsp; Days and times you are available(the wider the better): 5 pm to 5 am GMT tuesday, wednesday, friday and sunday. Choose one of the following: Socialize, explore, strategize:&nbsp; Socialize Broadly, what sorts of PCs do you like to play: supportive characters that have a lot of utility not just in combat but in social situations, ones with a lot of depths and backstory and with room to grow leaving some goals and plotlines as hooks for the GM to take and potentially use for or against me. I like to be that mentor figure that will help people even to my own detriment.&nbsp; Is there anything you are not willing to compromise on what you want/do not want in a D&amp;D game: If I am required to have a camera I can't do that as I can't set one up in my current space, I also would like to avoid modules or games that run like modules, ones that are dungeon heavy with no worldbuilding, where the characters make no real impact and it's just moving between combats with a little bit of talking to NPCs only along the way and you're just expected to grow as a group under those circumstances (tales from the yawning portal particularly is terrible for this) Also I would not be willing to take over as GM, I've run enough games and I want to take the player's seat for a change of pace.
Name/Age/Timezone/Gender: Savcor/40/EST/Male &amp; Muira/35/EST/Female &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Experience with RPGs/5E: Still pretty new with 5E and RPG in general Favorite D&amp;D moments/strong point: Muira getting chased out of a home eating stew and saving the stew during teh chase to finish it afterwards and trying to feed it to teammates once reunited, also transforming into a bear and defeating several monsters/bad guys.&nbsp; Savcor realizing he was the leader of the group although he did not intend to be. Very strong RP moment.&nbsp; D&amp;D pet peeves/weak points: We are still learning the rules, so def a weak point. Impatient DMs are a pet peeve as we want to have fun and not stress so much about messing up, also power gamers are a pet peeve.&nbsp; Days and times you are available(the wider the better): Preferably Friday evenings 7 PM EST onward or Saturday late afternoons or evenings EST.&nbsp; Choose one of the following: Socialize, explore, strategize&nbsp; _ all three apply, but more explore and strategize.&nbsp; Broadly, what sorts of PCs do you like to play: Muira has only played wood elf druid so far, Savcor has only played warlock so far.&nbsp; Is there anything you are not willing to compromise on what you want/do not want in a D&amp;D game: We are pretty open minded, but we are not interested in character PVP violence or deal with a kill happy DM. We want to play and have fun.&nbsp;
Name/Age/Timezone/Gender: Ollie, 31, GMT, Male Experience with RPGs/5E: Been running a 5e homebrew campaign for 3 years now (still ongoing), and also played in a few one shots and short term campaigns. Favorite D&amp;D moments/strong point: I love to see character development and creativity with items/spells/skills within the game. When a DM and a parties chemistry mix well, it can create some truly magical moments. I also love well developed villains/ NPCs that have a questionable moral compass and seeing how characters interact in these situations. D&amp;D pet peeves/weak points: Dice Flumpers, Rules Lawyers, Players/DMs that have a power-drive issue. My weak points - I sometimes like to joke around, but I never mean to take the attention away from the game/narrative. Days and times you are available(the wider the better): Monday-Friday 7pm-12 Midnight GMT, Saturday Midday - Midnight GMT Choose one of the following: Socialize , explore, strategize&nbsp; Broadly, what sorts of PCs do you like to play: &nbsp;Flawed and supportive. I like my characters to grow over the course of the narrative, not just in their class power but also emotionally/spiritually. I don't usually go into crazy detail with backstories, but I like to give enough so that the DM has something to play with and bring a few surprises into the narrative. I tend to go for support classes, Bards being my favourite. Is there anything you are not willing to compromise on what you want/do not want in a D&amp;D game: I would very much just like to be a player for a long term campaign and to get invested in a group of characters within a world. I would also really like the opportunity to try some Homebrew... but will understand if its not allowed (obviously this would be the DMs call.)
Name/Age/Timezone/Gender: Marc or Hawk, 23, EST/EDT, Male Experience with RPGs/5E: About 12 session's worth of time in roll20 and D&amp;D 5e, and watching a whole lot of streams. Favorite D&amp;D moments/strong point: First real big fight of a long running campaign, I got knocked out, healed by the party's cleric, jump right up a zombie ogre's leg and punched his brains clean out the back of his head, before backflipping off his dying carcass and grabbing my spear out of his chest as I did, landing a clean nat20 acrobatics to wrap up the encounter. THAT's when I knew... Monks. Are. Dope! Strong point, I guess would be that I know the rules fairly well, and roll20 too. I like helping the DM with a technicality, or a player unfamiliar with the interface or an obscure rule. D&amp;D pet peeves/weak points: I don't like when people just stand around all waiting for someone else to speak up because they're afraid to cut each other off. D&amp;D is a social game, we should feel comfortable enough to speak our minds. It happens, and that's fine, but when the only way to interact with each other is with our voice over discord or something like that, discourse is important. Personally, I also tend to want to steal the show sometimes, wanting the kill or to solve the puzzle myself, but the momentary disappointment quickly passes. Having your moment is good, but everyone else also deserves theirs. Days and times you are available(the wider the better): My schedule is very flexible here, but Sundays are always open, for sure. Every other day, I have to clear with my employer ahead of time. If a game is always on the same day of the week however, that's much easier. Choose one of the following: Socialize, explore, strategize: Strategize Broadly, what sorts of PCs do you like to play: Sounds cheesy, but I like lots of character types. Brooding, edgy elf type? Sure. Strong and charismatic? I can try. Sarcastic joker? Absolutely. Mechanically, I like a mix of both melee and spellcasting. Cleric, Ranger, even a monk with Magic Initiate... That's not to say that I'm opposed to playing something more straightforward like a fighter or wizard, but they're lower on the list. Ultimately though, it depends on what the party needs or wants. Is there anything you are not willing to compromise on what you want/do not want in a D&amp;D game: Not particularly. I really like homebrews, but I haven't played any modules yet, so it's not a deal breaker. I'm less inclined to play evil campaigns, or heavy horror campaigns, but I can live with it. I also tend to get a little attached to my characters, so I'd like a campaign where we don't roll new ones every other session. Death is fine, but maybe not too crushingly omnipresent? If we're gonna have a rich backstory, it'd be nice if the characters lived long enough for it to matter. Hope we can get a group together and roll some dice soon. Thanks for the post and good luck!
Name/Age/Timezone/Gender: Nick 21 PST Male Experience with RPGs/5E: 3 Years of 5e but no other experience&nbsp;in other systems but super willing to learn.&nbsp; Favorite D&amp;D moments/strong point: In my first campaign I was a pali and my friend a war wizard we did a combo in which I pushed&nbsp;an enemy&nbsp;into a room and he slammed the door and used Arcane lock and locked him out of the fight entirely. That fight really taught me that thinking outside the box is really what dnd is about. D&amp;D pet peeves/weak points: Not a huge fan of PvP or when party members grief&nbsp;each other&nbsp;unnecessarily.&nbsp; Days and times you are available(the wider the better): Thursday 9am-4pm Friday&nbsp; 9am-4pm Choose one of the following: S trategize&nbsp; Broadly, what sorts of PCs do you like to play: I like playing outsiders to society. Chars who come from wilderness or mostly live is small tows or places. Is there anything you are not willing to compromise on what you want/do not want in a D&amp;D game: Hardcore stuff like sexual imagery that's&nbsp;too graphic&nbsp;or extremely&nbsp;violent&nbsp;acts. Also, I have an aversion&nbsp;to playing or siding with evil chars.
Looks like we might have the right stuff for one group so far, I'll be reaching out to some of you shortly. Feel free to keep the applications coming!

Edited 1552608917
Name/Age/Timezone/Gender: Morten, 22, CET, Male Experience with RPGs/5E: I have a DMed a single game over a weekend (and is building a longer campaign for my roommates) and found it very enjoyable, but I have little experience as a player. I like roleplaying, but I am still working on becoming comfortable with it. Favorite D&amp;D moments/strong point: My favorite moment was in that one week game where my players had to infiltrate a mine full of bandit who had been stealing the food of a local town to the point of starvation. They convinced the locals to help them attack the bandits' layer which while the PCs were fighting the boss ended with victory&nbsp;for the locals but cut the town population in half due to the amount of locals that died in the fight. A big lesson for my players on the concept "Your actions have consequences in my world". A very memorable and insane moment, did not see that plan coming. D&amp;D pet peeves/weak points: Small chat at the table, which has nothing to do with the game, is a big pet peeve because it tends to take the focus away from everyone at the session. being comfortable RPGing with new people is a weakpoint, I am still working on that one. Days and times you are available(the wider the better): Friday-Sunday pretty much all day (Though Fridays&nbsp;are a bit uncertain) Choose one of the following: Exploration (I really like exploring a DMs world), but I will definitely not object to some political intrigue or some strategizing :)&nbsp; Broadly, what sorts of PCs do you like to play: Since I have limited experience as a PC, I can't really answer this question. Though I do enjoy very much creating a detailed backstory to help flush out a character and help drive my action and character development. Right now I am toying around with all sorts of crazy ideas :)&nbsp; Is there anything you are not willing to compromise on what you want/do not want in a D&amp;D game: Generally, there is very little I am not ready to compromise on. Though I am not a fan of players having hidden agendas since I think it will lead to mistrust and conflict among the players. If there is a very good reason why a player needs&nbsp;a hidden agenda I could be persuaded (DC 20) to compromise on that as well ;)&nbsp;&nbsp;

Edited 1552609291
Name/Age/Timezone/Gender: Chase/20/EST/Male Experience with RPGs/5E: 2 Years of 5e Favorite D&amp;D moments/strong point: I love Character development and bonds between characters.&nbsp; D&amp;D pet peeves/weak points: I have trouble warming up to new groups. Days and times you are available(the wider the better): I'm getting a new schedule Sunday will have to update then.&nbsp; Choose one of the following: explore (strategize close second)&nbsp; Broadly, what sorts of PCs do you like to play: Class-wise fighter, but I play characters that are typically willing to work and compromise with others unless it goes strongly against their ideals. Is there anything you are not willing to compromise on what you want/do not want in a D&amp;D game: If one player tries to steal the whole game I'll become extremely disinterested&nbsp;

Edited 1552612533
KC
Plus
Name/Age/Timezone/Gender: &nbsp;KC/30/PST/Non-binary Experience with RPGs/5E: &nbsp;Over a year or so with 5E, roughly a year and a half. 15 or so years with RPGs in general. Favorite D&amp;D moments/strong point: &nbsp;Character moments, sitting around a fire and just talking with the party or learning more about them and growing closer as friends. I also love to see the creativity that people come up with when it comes to the way they solve problems, cast spells, or just do anything really. D&amp;D pet peeves/weak points: &nbsp;Combat I find to be sort of boring and often drags on too long, and unfortunately this is especially true for melee focused characters like the Barbarian. Uninvested RPing is also a pet peeve of mine as I do my best to bring my characters to life. A weak point of mine is that I can take a session or 2 to warm up to new groups which is why I find group session 0's very helpful in breaking the ice. Days and times you are available(the wider the better): &nbsp;Weekdays from 8am - 3pm (PST) Choose one of the following: Socialize Broadly, what sorts of PCs do you like to play: &nbsp;Individuals who are in some way broken or damaged, even if they aren't fully aware of that damage at the outset. I like characters that grow and evolve over the course of a campaign. I also do enjoy playing semi against type, so if I were to make a Bard I would work to make one who was more than just "promiscuous singer." Is there anything you are not willing to compromise on what you want/do not want in a D&amp;D game: &nbsp;Needless violence (I had a DM torture our PCs for literally no reason), sexual assault (I'm aware it can be handled well but if we're a new group I think it best to avoid issues like that until everyone is more comfortable with one another and can talk openly about it if they get uncomfortable). I'd also like to avoid a lot of endless dungeon delving, so I suppose a module like Dungeon of the Mad Mage isn't super appealing to me, I like to feel like we're all a part of this world, that our choices matter, and that there's more to everything than combat.
Name/Age/Timezone/Gender: Amishrambo(IRL Michael/21(22 in april)/EST/Male Experience with RPGs/5E: been playing 5e for approx. 2 years now, GM'ed for 8 months in 5e, played a large menagerie of misc systems for 4 years&nbsp; Favorite D&amp;D moments/strong point: My Kobold Artificer/Warlock business man was trying to save the world from a plague of dragons headed by a great wyrm black dragon and all of the mortal world governments were either destroyed,turning turtle or hopelessly pathetic in terms of millitary might, the Kobold resorted to trying to shack up with the 9 hells, teaching them guns and airship technology, in hopes he can get close enough to asmodeus as to convince him not to...be asmodeus and conquer the material plane, TL;DR: after many nat 20's and a nat 100 from fellow players and the GM they found the kobold out earlier then he intended, the 9 hells WERE released to the material plane, they DID kill the dragon army, but didnt leave, ending the campaign with everything going tits up for the party and me feeling AWFUL for days(note this is a strong moment of character rationale and motivations with a dark turn and in the grand scheme of things, rude to the other people in the game and I have no intentions of repeating somthing this disastrous) D&amp;D pet peeves/weak points: while I understand people who are busy or new to the game I&nbsp; get a bit annoyed when people are unaware on things they really should know, the basics of the class they are playing, and a weak point is my spotty notetaking, try my best but it can come back to bite me in the butt Days and times you are available(the wider the better): Monday,Wensday and Friday Afternoons Choose one of the following: Socialize, explore, strategize: Socialize Broadly, what sorts of PCs do you like to play: in some form or another group uniting socialites&nbsp; Is there anything you are not willing to compromise on what you want/do not want in a D&amp;D game: nothing specifically, I feel there is a certain like I am unwilling to budge on but I have not found it yet&nbsp;
Name/Age/Timezone/Gender: Dave(Saints)/27/-5GMT/ Male Experience with RPGs/5E: hit and miss for 2 years Favorite D&amp;D moments/strong point: creative loots/hordes D&amp;D pet peeves/weak points: 4 wall breakers or the chaotic stupid player Days and times you are available(the wider the better): pretty much open Choose one of the following: Socialize, explore, strategize: To be honest i like a blend of all 3 &nbsp; Broadly, what sorts of PCs do you like to play: Typically fall into the tank role but I'd like to dip outside now and then&nbsp; Is there anything you are not willing to compromise on what you want/do not want in a D&amp;D game: Open to 98% percent of things but will say something subtlety if it does come up
Hey Joshua, thanks for your message mate and apologies for the delay as I'm on the Australian east coast. Please find my answers below. Name/Age/Timezone/Gender: Asela / 38 / +11 UTC / M Experience with RPGs/5E: Been playing 5E for about a year and a half now in my mate's homebrew campaign and absolutely love it. Our whole group was brand new to D&amp;D and RPGs in general I suppose but we got a game going and we've all caught the bug! Our DM was keen to play and I was keen to run a game so for the last 6 months or so I've been DMing Curse of Strahd for the same group and that's been a blast too. The reason why I'm kinda branching out is because I want to play the WOTC campaigns before I run them for my group. Favorite D&amp;D moments/strong point: My lvl 4 dragonborn sorcerer thought it would be a good idea to capture the archmage of this town we were in and question him. I knew this archmage was strong but I had a plan! i was gonna slap a set of dimensional shackles I had found on him which will nullify his casting ability. Only when the archmage tried to cast timestop did i realize i may be a wee bit in over my head here. "No looking back now" I thought to myself and counterspelled and rolled high enough for it work! my next turn I managed to get my shackles on him (The additional +2 to my strength score as a dragonborn finally came in handy) and that is how a lvl 4 sorcerer defeated a lvl 17 wizard. The room was never more tense than during that encounter&nbsp; :D. I love being creative and tactical, in both combat and roleplay.&nbsp; D&amp;D pet peeves/weak points: Banter and shit talking is great but there is a time and place for it. Constant shit talk during games makes it hard to stay immersed and breaks tension during really important moments in the game. Although I love role-playing I'm not very good with voices and accents. I'm also kinda impulsive which is not always great. Days and times you are available(the wider the better): Mon/Tue/Thurs - 2am to 9am, Fri - 2am to 11am, 4pm Fri to 7am Sun Choose one of the following: Socialize, explore, strategize&nbsp; - Strategize Broadly, what sorts of PCs do you like to play: I like to play thematic characters witha well fleshed out background. Is there anything you are not willing to compromise on what you want/do not want in a D&amp;D game: &nbsp;I read this story on r/rpghorrostories where the author of the article wrote about this game she played where the DM had one of the NPCs sexually abuse her PC. I don't think that sort of thing is appropriate for any game.&nbsp; Hope to hear from ya! Cheers, Asela
UPDATE: We have some groups in progress now. We need players for the following timeslots: Friday 11AM, Saturday 12PM, and Saturday 7PM. I am still looking to get other games started as well, so feel free to ask about getting a new session started if none of these times work.
Name/Age/Timezone/Gender: Craig/31/GMT/male Experience with RPGs/5E: Been in a 3 year campaign (ongoing) and a few one shots.&nbsp; Favorite D&amp;D moments/strong point: Love a good bit of character development, finding new and creative ways to use spells or skills and a good narrative. I enjoy working with others and failing rolls as they're more fun than winning. Flawed characters are the best! D&amp;D pet peeves/weak points: Pet peeves include people talking over DM, trying to one up other players or rules lawyering to a awful degree. My weak points are I sometimes metagame without meaning to and I struggle with serious roleplay (my voice ain't that hot!). Oh and I can't play evil alignment very well....maybe affable evil Days and times you are available(the wider the better): Monday-Friday 6pm-11pm GMT, Saturday all day-11pm GMT Choose one of the following: Socialize Broadly, what sorts of PCs do you like to play: Broadly? Support. People with odd social skills or out of the ordinary backgrounds. I'll play anything for a laugh though. Also, every character has got to have a flaw to exploit to build on and make them grow. Is there anything you are not willing to compromise on what you want/do not want in a D&amp;D game: I would rather not go min maxxing all over the shop, not a huge fan of overly depressing storylines. Murderhobo-ing either, would rather not kill DM's hard made world!&nbsp;

Edited 1552673222
Name/Age/Timezone/Gender: Floris/24/CET/Male Experience with RPGs/5E: I've only recently taken to tabletop gaming(recently being around two months) but have always been a huge roleplayer when it comes to videogames ranging from MMORPG's to general RPG's. These days I even have difficulty enjoying games if I can't roleplay in them. Favorite D&amp;D moments/strong point: Social interactions through both roleplay and as friends are my personal highlights so far. D&amp;D pet peeves/weak points: It can be a bit of a cluster of mechanics when spells,feats,creatures start contradicting one another which makes things confusing at points and perhaps even time consuming. Days and times you are available(the wider the better): Wednesday, Friday, Saturday. (Seeing how there is a 5 hour difference between EST and CET, Morning/Afternoon EST works the best for me, which just so happen to fall in your initially preferred times!) Choose one of the following: Socialize. Broadly, what sorts of PCs do you like to play: Difficult question for me but if I had to narrow it down.. Characters that make their decisions based on their background and current situation. No real preferences when it comes to classes, races and such.. I usually think of a character concept and tailor a story behind them first before delving in further. Is there anything you are not willing to compromise on what you want/do not want in a D&amp;D game: I am not a fan of focusing on making my characters stats the best they can possibly be "gamewise". Not to say I won't try to make my characters utilize their abilities/skills best I can but more on what still makes sense for my character and the current setting. But besides that I like to think I am pretty flexible, really.
Name/Age/Timezone/Gender: Terry/48/Arizona (currently PST)/Male Experience with RPGs/5E: A&nbsp;couple of decades (on and off) with 5e, Star Wars, Star Trek, Shadowrun, etc Favorite D&amp;D moments/strong point: Moments where the DM has taken backstory content and created amazing and surprising plot twists D&amp;D pet peeves/weak points: Not a fan of meta gaming, extraneous side-chat, and characters who don’t work well with a group Days and times you are available(the wider the better): M,T,W,F 5pm or later (PST) Choose one of the following: Socialize, explore, strategize: Tough call to pick just one. I would go with socialize. Broadly, what sorts of PCs do you like to play: &nbsp;Support roles are enjoyable. I particularly enjoy classes with many tools for creative actions. Is there anything you are not willing to compromise on what you want/do not want in a D&amp;D game: &nbsp;Tank role is probably the only deal-breaker for me. All else is fair game.&nbsp;
Name/Age/Timezone/Gender: My name is Zeek, and I am 18 years old, my time zone is GMT-4/AST, and I am a guy. Experience with RPGs/5E: I have been playing for almost a year now, started playing DnD on roll20 since last year during the summer. Favorite D&amp;D moments/strong point: I enjoy moments where characters get to evoled and feel real as well being developed through the story. D&amp;D pet peeves/weak points: Powergamers, just ruin the fun in my opinion. Days and times you are available(the wider the better): I am normally available every day at the afternoon, about 2-3 PM is where I am starting to be free for the day and can play. Choose one of the following: Socialize Broadly, what sorts of PCs do you like to play: I am new to some things in DnD, but I am wanting to play a rogue who was a criminal and now is reformed, I like to build a story around that, also he is going to be the party scout in a way, looking for traps and seeking targets to inform his allies. Is there anything you are not willing to compromise on what you want/do not want in a D&amp;D game: I guess going way to far with some topics, like rape and torture, kinda ruin the mood for me.

Edited 1552700052
Name/Age/Timezone/Gender: Shane/27/CDT or GMT-6/Male Experience with RPGs/5E: I’ve only played around 75 hours but understand the game and mechanics.&nbsp; Favorite D&amp;D moments/strong points: Plot hooks that include PC backstory and character development&nbsp; D&amp;D pet peeves/weak points: Rules Lawyers&nbsp; Days and times you are available(the wider the better): Monday through Friday 8am to 2pm&nbsp; Choose one of the following: explore Broadly, what sorts of PCs do you like to play: Anti-hero’s/underdog&nbsp; Is there anything you are not willing to compromise on what you want/do not want in a D&amp;D game: haven’t found anything yet. The strongholds and followers would be a fun addition.
Name/Age/Timezone/Gender: Cameron/32/EST/Male Experience with RPGs/5E: I've been playing tabletops for nearly 25 years. I've played every edition of D&amp;D since 2nd as well as Shadowrun and White Wolf games. Favorite D&amp;D moments/strong point: I love moments when a character really gets to shine and partake in either heroic moments or dastardly deeds that shock and awe the other players or the DM. Especially the DM. D&amp;D pet peeves/weak points: Complete joke characters. It's fine to have a character with a sense of humor but I like to take roleplaying and such a bit more seriously. Days and times you are available(the wider the better): I am only busy Thursday/Friday/Saturday/Sunday evenings. Any time before 7 EST on those days is fine. I can also play literally any time Monday-Wednesday. Choose one of the following: Socialize, explore, strategize: Socialize Broadly, what sorts of PCs do you like to play: I've played a veritable rolodex of characters. I make a new character and personality for every game I've joined. I'm incredibly adaptable and will usually play whatever the group needs mechanically then come up with a unique backstory/personality for the character. Is there anything you are not willing to compromise on what you want/do not want in a D&amp;D game: I won't play in games where it's a "Me vs the party" mentality with the DM. The DM is a storyteller, not a murderer of PCs. It's really unenjoyable when a DM runs a game where it's just a character meatgrinder. That doesn't make for interesting story and doesn't foster the mentality of coming up with a unique character. Why make a unique character when there is a really high mortality rate in the game?
Name/Age/Timezone/Gender: Sean/22/EST/Male Experience with RPGs/5E:&nbsp; 5E/Degenisis home-brew &nbsp;and a little PHB (Also several LONG hours on video game RPG's&nbsp;(Fourty plus on Fallout NV alone, to list one) Favorite D&amp;D moments/strong point:&nbsp; So, this is a hard one: There are two from the same campaign I was part of with two different characters (High Elf Bard (Deceased), Gunslinger Tabaxi(Current)) The one I'm gonna give it two is the "Nyyyyyom!" Moment I had with the tabaxi as we had to stop a boat from escaping with several bandit baddies on it. I looked at that and at the head bad bandit getting away, looked back to the boat, claws extended, and went "GET THE CAPTAIN, I'VE GOT THE BOAT!" Feline reflexes and bonus action to dash jump my way to the boat, and then shotgunning down the driver and stopping the ship from getting away, critting the driver of the boat. D&amp;D pet peeves/weak points:&nbsp; Despite being about a year into D&amp;D, I still struggle with "Fun VS Utility" building for characters, and the flip of it being "Creative character VS useful character." Said example above, the OG group rolled up almost everyone as a caster minus a ranger/rouge multiclass. Was fun as we had a cool start: Our characters (In the past of that world) at level twenty getting send about 500 years into the future at the loss of being set down to level three. Level twenty lore bard was fun, level three lore bard was&nbsp; a bit of a sad boy, more for the lack of usefulness. Even with giving folks inspiration, it didn't feel like I was contributing spell/damage wise. And he promptly died at a story important boss. Also saddening. Days and times you are available(the wider the better):&nbsp; Fri - 10-11 AM - 9PM Sat - 2-3PM -9PM Sun 11- Choose one of the following: Socialize, explore, strategize&nbsp; - Explore Broadly, what sorts of PCs do you like to play:&nbsp; I generally like to fill, though I do have some builds that I wanna do: I wanna run a ranger (Beast-master), Paladin-Fighter with mounted combat stuff, or mage of some sort (Though if going with the last one, ideally starting out low level to get used to using spells, I wasn't one to start with major spell casters (Bard excluded) and I still need to get used to their mechanics and such) Is there anything you are not willing to compromise on what you want/do not want in a D&amp;D game: Time, mainly. I go to college and work part time as a Lyft/uber driver, so while work wise I usually have control of time, school wise I do not: Monday - Thursday I have class so that's non negotiable&nbsp;
Name/Age/Timezone/Gender: Sam/29/GMT/Female Experience with RPGs/5E: I've been playing 5e for 2 yrs 2 months under Hazard's homebrew campaign - I've logged 323 hours on roll20 which consists of a couple of longer-term campaigns and a variety of one shots. Hazard's campaign is ongoing so my first character lives, for now! Favorite D&amp;D moments/strong point: I love it when moments in gameplay are tailored well to characters and create meaningful character development. For example my current character trusted an undead character when all other undead creatures at the time were attacking the city they were in - this move ultimately saved the party/ the city/ the world and now she is keen to find more about the undead character's home plane which could lead to some interesting things. Plus she got a cool ocarina. I'm strong at creating backstories with enough detail to provide a character with interest and flaws, but flexible and loose enough to leave DMs with plenty to work with for future adventures. I also like to think I'm good at thinking on the spot when things don't go as planned! And even if I'm not, its good to laugh about it! D&amp;D pet peeves/weak points: Characters with overly tragic backstories and who end up being a little self-centred. Half the fun is finding out about everyone so it's frustrating when one person constantly takes centre stage and doesn't consider their teammates. This goes for battles too! As for my weak points, I take notes but could do with writing some more detail, as I tend to forget fantasy town names or NPCs (especially if they sound like sneezes). Days and times you are available(the wider the better): Mon, Tues, Thurs and Sat - 19:00 to midnight GMT or 16:00 to midnight&nbsp; on Saturdays. Choose one of the following: Socialize, explore, strategize&nbsp; Socialise. Broadly, what sorts of PCs do you like to play:&nbsp; So far I've stuck to mainly support characters who can change up their tactics when the need calls for it! I've dabbled a little in a homebrew class with a Mesmer, but sadly the chemistry of the group didn't work and the campaign ended before some real character development could begin. I like to create unusual characters and tend to mix a healthy dose of humour into their personalities. My current character is a gnome bard who is a just a little sass-machine, but has a lot of heart. Is there anything you are not willing to compromise on what you want/do not want in a D&amp;D game: I'm pretty flexible to whatever DMs want to offer, though I hate favouritism &nbsp;as it tends to lead to one-sided interactions and can weaken the story and investment for other players. Keep it fair, including reasonable chances to escape/save yourself then I'll be happy! Note: Happy to join the group you have for Hazard and Primal-Buttocks! We're normally free similar times! :)