Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Is there a script to open a map at a specific place for the Players?

Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
I want to move the players , using the Player ribbon, to a map and have their view start t a specific spot instead of the upper left hand comer. Can that be done?
Last I checked, the ping API functionality can only pull the view of the GM, not the players. So no. However, an API script could be used to pull the GM's view and then the GM can manually pull the view of the players (through the shift+hold-left-click functionality).
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
I corroborate what Kyle said.
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Kyle G. said: Last I checked, the ping API functionality can only pull the view of the GM, not the players. So no. However, an API script could be used to pull the GM's view and then the GM can manually pull the view of the players (through the shift+hold-left-click functionality). That is a shame. I would also want to preset their zoom levels. 
Presetting zoom levels would be weird anyways though.  Different monitor sizes cause all sorts of wonkiness there.
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Oh yes, very true.