Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Build here, reference there

In one of the sheets, I found a repeating area in which a user may create a macro, and in other sections of the sheet, the user could input data in to other repeating fields, which would create macros/buttons in the original area.  I forgot which sheet this is; does this remind anyone of any particular sheet? My real question is on how to do this.  How does one build something on, say, the combat tab, and have it show up in a section on the main tab?  Is this a super complicated sheet worker bit, or is there a guide I missed?  Is there a 'tips and tricks' page I didn't read?
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I dont know what sheet it is, but maybe they have the same repeating_ section name? So its basically two copies of the same repeating section, being presented differently in the two locations?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Not sure if this what you are looking for CPP... but Chris B. did something like this on the PF community sheet.  You can add a weapon on the repeating equipment tab, populate some fields(drag/drop from compendium or manually), and then by hitting a Create Attack button, a new repeating attack is generated.  I'm positive this is all done with sheet workers.  I can try to find the relevant snippet of sheet worker if you like?
Just knowing what sheet it was gives me a place to start.  Thanks!

Edited 1552940379
Chris D.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
You can also find something similar being used in the Earthdawn (FASA Official) sheet.&nbsp; You can see that the Combat Tab has a version of repeating_talents that is a subset of the version on the Talents tab.&nbsp; And&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/CSS_Wizardry#Duplicate_a_repeating_section_name_to_display_the_same_data_on_more_than_one_tab.or_present_a_summary_of_the_data_elsewhere" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/CSS_Wizardry#Duplicate_a_repeating_section_name_to_display_the_same_data_on_more_than_one_tab.or_present_a_summary_of_the_data_elsewhere</a> &nbsp;tells how to do it.&nbsp;