Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Allow users (pro, plus, whatever) to create community groups.

I'm sorry if this has already been suggested, I didn't see it. If we could create community groups it would be far easier to find games that are more what you're looking for. There could be a group for newbies to 5e. There could be groups based on language so users could find games with people speaking in their native tongue. People like me who enjoy less common games could find groups of people who play the same game. I could go on and on. Of course, I understand this would be a big implementation. Community groups would need to have their own forum pages, a friends list would likely be necessary, they could become the target of hostility from toxic players, and so many other logistical nightmares I cannot even predict. However, I think it could make a tremendous addition to Roll20, and help make it THE hub for tabletop gaming. Again, sorry if this has already been brought up, or if this is something already confirmed to be in the works. 
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
There are communities existing already. I'm the creator of one that has around 700 members and there are other communities on roll20.
Perhaps I should have rephrased my suggestion. Nowhere that I've found on roll20 is there a way to browse different groups. I'm assuming you're talking about groups formed around roll20 on third party applications, like discord. I would appreciate an easier way to browse different Roll20 communities via their website. Even just a friend list would be nice.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I'm talking about actual communities on Roll20. I have one with about 700 members. I know there is a 2e AD&D one, there is a or was a French one and I think I've heard there is one geared for people that live in a specific time zone. Each of these tend to use the group's forum as a localized community posting board. In my community, we have members posting LFGs, game discussions, general chat threads also. We do use discord for live chatting due to many members have it on their phones but the community is aim are being roll20 centric.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .