Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Walls API and Advanced Fog of War

Edited 1552939479
Howdy, I'm having a bit of trouble with the, otherwise delightful, Walls API when using it with Advanced Fog of War.  The lighting works correctly but the Fog of War ignores the dynamic lighting layer entirely, however if I manually draw the exact same lines it works as expected. Walls drawn by Walls API Hand drawn walls And here's the Dynamic Lighting layer for the area Does anyone have any insight into this behaviour? Cheers
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Hmm.. Try selecting all the walls created by the Walls script and changing the color, or moving the slightly.   My speculation is that the dynamic lighting lines you draw get added to some data set for the advanced fog of war, but the event that causes that to happen doesn't get triggered for API created DL lines.
Thanks for the swift reply, and your work in general, but, alas, no joy. I tried moving, changing colour, and copying the walls then repasting them and moving them into position, but the behaviour persists.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
That's completely strange.  I'll have to try and duplicate that behavior.  Might be a bit, I'm sitting in a lecture at GDC in San Francisco right now, so not ideal for testing.
Hah, no problem man. Greatly appreciated.