Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Changing laungage of a sheet

Hello there, I was wondering if there is a way to change a laungage of my Warhammer Fantasy 2ed sheet to any other than english. As I can see there&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/clevett/roll20-character-sheets/tree/master/Warhammer-Fantasy-Roleplay-2nd-Edition/translations" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/clevett/roll20-character-sheets/tree/master/Warhammer-Fantasy-Roleplay-2nd-Edition/translations</a> &nbsp;- translations are actually ready to be used, but I can't see any option to change use it. Even when I changed my account laungage Im unable to see translated sheets, but this&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Character_Sheet_i18n" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Character_Sheet_i18n</a> &nbsp;says that it should have changed to any valid laungage. Im aware of that pro users can just create "custom" sheets and upload translations without any problem. Am I doing something wrong, or the sheet is broken, or maybe something else has happened?

Edited 1552955166
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Once the i18n localization code has been added to the sheet and accepted on roll20's github repo, a translation sub-folder is created that contains "placeholder" language json's that are still in English until someone completes a translation.&nbsp; You are are correct that the language shown is based on your roll20 account's language setting. So, more than likely the sheet just hasn't been translated yet. Have a look in the translation sub-folder and open the language file to see if a translation has been done, or if it's simply a "placeholder" file.&nbsp;
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
It looks like everything on that list that says "update translations" in the line is only a placeholder.
Maybe it doesn't work that fine for everybody, but when i need translation, i just right click the mouse button and ask my browser to do so... Actually, it's never as good as a original translation by Roll20.

Edited 1553028536
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
So which language are you interested in? I looked at the files and saw taht it was translated at least the French and Spanish, but not every language. Igor said: Maybe it doesn't work that fine for everybody, but when i need translation, i just right click the mouse button and ask my browser to do so... Actually, it's never as good as a original translation by Roll20. Geez, google translating sheets, that can't work too well...
Andreas J. said: So which language are you interested in? I looked at the files and saw taht it was translated at least the French and Spanish, but not every language. I wanted to run a game in polish, but due a bug reported on the forum earlier it wasn't possible to change prefered laungage to polish. It is repaired now, so it isn't a problem now. Anyway, when I wrote this topic, I had checked if I could change to spanish, or any other laungage that was actually translated, but it hadn't worked anyway.&nbsp; Now I have checked, and it is working again now. Thanks for help.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Dzamber said: Now I have checked, and it is working again now. Thanks for help. So the Polish translation for the sheet is good enough? If you in the future want to play with a sheet that isn't translated and are willing to consider doing the translation, the wiki have a starter guide for that . It's slightly easier to create one as a Pro user as one can double check the work before submitting it but it's not strictly require, as long as it's a sheet that have the translation files.
Andreas J. said: Dzamber said: Now I have checked, and it is working again now. Thanks for help. So the Polish translation for the sheet is good enough? If you in the future want to play with a sheet that isn't translated and are willing to consider doing the translation, the wiki have a starter guide for that . It's slightly easier to create one as a Pro user as one can double check the work before submitting it but it's not strictly require, as long as it's a sheet that have the translation files. I actually consider to improve the translation a little, but it's good enough actually. I know how to use github, so it's not really a problem for me to do so.