Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Princes of the Apocolypse: Add module to existing game?

I just bought this module in hopes of using it in a existing and ongoing game, and was wondering if there is some way to add the module to the existing game with out having to make a new game just for the module?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
That is possible with an Addon. However, Modules are generally so large and complex that it is a bad idea to add them to an existing game. The result would likely suffer performance problems. The intended path for module usage is to create a fresh game with it and then Vault or Transmogrify the characters into it.
Right, as there are parts of it I would certainly have to change to fit my game, but much of the existing stuff in it would be good. Suppose I'll see what I can do with it...? Was certainly hoping this would add the Genasi race and what not to the compendium since them and several other races came as part of the Elemental Evil player options that released with Princes of the Apocolypse back when Wizards of the Coast was releasing it originally. Sadly none of this stuff seems to be in the Compendium it's all handouts in the Module.....
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Modules and add-ons exist independant of the compendium. Nothing in them are added to the compendium. Only books and such that expressly state they add to the compendium get to become part of it.
That should be the case since a separate release book was put out with the rest of the Elemental Evil stuff with Princes of the Apocolypse. That gave detailed info on the races, such as Genasi, to let them be played as characters. Also had a ton of spells as well. We are talking about Player Options here, and player options of other books and such have all been added in.
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
It should also be noted that the transmogrifier is a Pro feature.
Dean
Roll20 Team
Hi Huntress, We're in the process of looping back around to previously released product to integrate character options and such into the Charactermancer. There's not a specific timeline on that besides 'soonish'. We'll be tackling the projects with more options first, and then re-examining other adventures to further integrate their contents. The product descriptions will be updated at that time to reflect compendium and charactermancer integration. If you're unhappy with a product for any reason and it does not suit your needs at this time, please feel free to reach out to <a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a> :)