Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP][5E][Discord] Looking to run a new long term campaign set in Eberron. (Sundays CST)

DM here looking for players. Going to be doing a campaign taking place in the Eberron Setting. Sundays CST (the actually block of time can be hashed out by us as a group). Looking to start Mid April. Looking to do a more story/character driven campaign rather than a hack and slash module focused campaign. So I want to be working with the players as they make their characters, taking your input in what you want to see in a campaign, making sure that you and your character are part of the world of Eberron. Trying to move away from map and token based combat and more towards, for lack of a better word, mind's eye combat. If anyone has seen the c-team that would be my ideal sort of campaign style. WotC has released the Wayfinder's Guide and just today Morgrave Miscellany. Both excellent resources for players wanting to learn more. Neither are required, nor is any knowledge of the Eberron setting. If you don't know about Eberron but want to play I am happy to help teach. If you do know, excellent! Please feel free to ask any questions at all. I am happy to be of service. As far as character creation goes most everything WotC has published is okay. Eberron is a crazy place and if you want to be a certain race or class finding a reason for it to be part of the world isn't hard. That said, if you want a particular exotic character let me look it over first. For those unfamiliar with the world it plays with typical D&D races, for example there are half-ling barbarians who ride dinosaurs! So when making a character if you don't know about the setting I'd like to work with you making your character is fully immersed in the world. Characters will be starting at lv 1. I feel like this is getting a little long and I haven't even said what campaign hook will be. That is because I don't have one set in stone yet. I have several prepared. Both short term hooks and longer campaign arcs. But I'm not deciding on anything yet until I've talked to the players and know what they want and who their characters are. So if you know Eberron and want to play in it, or if you are curious about it, please send me a response. I have been running table top games for over ten years now and am genuinely excited and eager to take a party through this setting! Thank you all for reading.
Sounds like something right up my alley. I'd be interested in playing in Eberron.
Hey!  I would love to join your game! I haven't had the chance to do too much research on Eberron yet but I know Keith Baker has some cool stuff.  I'd like to get out of my comfort zone of the hack and slash and play something a bit more squishy.  I'm leaning druid right now or a warlock.  If that sounds like something you'd like, I'm in! 

Edited 1552958076
hello I would love to join your game.I never play Eberron before but I know some of it lore.
Hello! I'd love to join in! I'm EST, but Sundays are perfect for me! I'm not super familiar with Eberron but I'm definitely interested in learning and trying new things, and a more RP/story focused campaign. Hope to hear back from you!
Heya! Long time DM and player here. I've been dying to play an Eberron game. Drop me a line if you're still looking for players. Brett :)
Are you still looking for players? Depending on when session days would be, I am interested!
Will P. said: Are you still looking for players? Depending on when session days would be, I am interested! Still looking. Post only been up for a few hours. The game would be on Sundays CST.
Hello, I'd would be interested as well.  I am familiar with 5e and Eberron.  Let me know if you still have openings.   Thanks in advance.  
If you are still looking for players, I would love to play a long term Eberron Campaign. I have played 5e for 2 years, and enjoyed the few Eberron modules I played in Adventurers League due to the intrigue and (relative) lack of combat. I am very new to Roll20, but can probably learn quickly.
Jacob P. said: Will P. said: Are you still looking for players? Depending on when session days would be, I am interested! Still looking. Post only been up for a few hours. The game would be on Sundays CST. Great! I'd love to join. Sundays CST works out for me, mostly from 12:30-4:00 pm. 
I would love to join in if you are still looking. Eberon is a interesting setting that I only have some passing knowledge of from playing D&D Online and from a few videos I've seen. Been play D&D related media for around 9 years now, but recently really got into the table top aspect.  Hopefully I'm not too late to join. 
Hey! I don't know what kind of setting Eberron is, but I've been playing Dungeons and Dragons since middle school, (19 yr old college student now), and I recently got the itch to jump back into it. Character-driven games are definitely my go-to and hopefully I'm not too late to be writing this post! I used to DM games mostly, but now that I'm a Compsci major on crew at my university, I have realized finding time to prepare everything myself can be pretty tough. Thanks for considering! P.S. The little 'pro' tag next to your name gives me hope :).
FadeFromMemory. said: I would love to join in if you are still looking. Eberon is a interesting setting that I only have some passing knowledge of from playing D&D Online and from a few videos I've seen. Been play D&D related media for around 9 years now, but recently really got into the table top aspect.  Hopefully I'm not too late to join.  No worries! I'm still taking applicants. Post has only been up for 2 days and I'll be taking applicantions for a few more days.
As for times, with family obligations during the day, evenings work best for me. 
I'd like to get in on this game.  Loosely familiar with the setting but never played here.  Would dig a game as theater of the mind.  Haven't played one without a map in more than a dozen years!   Day is fine but evenings would be my preference.
I'd like to still join if you're still taking people! Sunday's are great for me but it  depends on what time
I could do Sundays. I'm a big Eberron fan and play in two other 5e Eberron campaigns.
Greetings  I am interested and Sunday's work for me. If you want to talk over discord that would be great! I'm not familiar with Eberron, but it sounds like fun!
Hey want to thank everyone who has responded. If anyone else wants to apply please do it soon. I'll be sending out invites to the game tomorrow!
Greetings, my name is Richard and this campaign sounds interesting. I'm vastly familiar with The Forgotten Realms from everything including the Drizzt Novels, to playing D&D 5e and as well as computer RPGs (Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, and Neverwinter Nights). BUT, I have never tried Eberron before! THAT my friend is what's called adventure! I would love to send my long-time Forgotten Realms character into a brand new setting! I play a dual-wielding Ranger (melee-oriented) that would love to see a new setting for a change. Running around Waterdeep, Neverwinter, and Baldur's Gate all the way to Kara-Tur can get old if you've done it for so long! Sundays would be perfect for me, once a week or even twice a week. As for Race, I lean more towards either drow or human, if those are allowed, not sure what choices they have in Eberron but hopefully something interesting. As long as I can wield these dual blades I'm happy. :) If there is still room in your campaign, I would offer you my swords.

Edited 1553507532
I feel like I might be a bit late to the party, but I'll try throwing my hat in anyway. Hi, the name's Matt. I've been playing D&D for about 6 years now, and I totally fell in love with Eberron after finally getting to play in a campaign set there last year. It was a 4E game, so certain things were obviously different than approaching the setting in 5E would be (like Dragonmarks), but I'm totally down to give it a go. I'm frequently that guy that offers to fill for a party, so I'm pretty flexible when it comes to characters and the like, and I have plenty of ideas I can work with. Cheers, and hopefully you'll still consider me as a player despite how late I got my application in. Either way, good luck and happy gaming.
Hi, The Eberron setting and long term campaign sounds wonderful .I'd like to join the campaign if there's a spot still available (I suppose I'm quite late to the party, hope you are still considering )  . I haven't played in Eberron setting but I have a general idea of it , and a few concepts for character creation in my mind. Enjoy, and Best of luck !
I'm intrigued. I'm a PermaDM who hasn't actually played my own character in years.  I would really love to get a character in play again. I've got a small stack of 5e characters that I really want to play but just use them for pregens for new players to my group, lol. I read the Eberron setting when it originally came out so I remember a bit but none of the finer details. I love heavy Character RP games, I used to LARP for that reason.  The combat is fun, but the character is more fun to me.  I also like a lot of cerebral type encounters, puzzles and traps.   Sundays are a Day I have some flexibility with so I think I'd be able to swing whatever time as long as I had a couple weeks notice to modify my work schedule.