Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Out of the Abyss - Ever Coming To The Marketplace?

Probably over two years ago, there was a lot of noise about Out of the Abyss coming to Roll20's marketplace. I played through about 1/3 of the campaign over the table, but now I'm keen to get a full playthrough going. I don't have the time or patience to build Out of the Abyss out in Roll 20, and I'm not convinced it would work for either of my online groups as a fully theatre of the mind experience. Before I make my next move, is there any chance Roll20 will add it to the marketplace? I note Princes (which I've run three times and played through once) was added to Roll20 late and saw great success. Is there just not enough love for madness in the underdark? Or did Princes (added late) not sell as well as new content? An official answer that's better than "lol, it's probably coming mate but dunno" (which was the party line last time) would be really good. Thanks for your time :) 
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Unofficial answer but from experience: They are absolutely working on the back catalogue of content. Their focus naturally, and possibly contractually too, is on refining existing products and preparing for upcoming/new releases. While I can't give you a timeline, we have been assured on multiple occasions that the missing modules will come eventually.
Thanks, I appreciate you taking the time to reply :)
Dean
Roll20 Team
Ziechael summed it up really well, thanks! It is our intention to have it out this year, but specifics at this point are not possible.
Really hoping this happens sooner rather than later as I am starting this soon.
@ Dean, Thanks for all of your hard work, My group and I have been playing through all the modules in chronological order that they were released in.  We're quickly closing in on Rage of Demons as our next campaign.  I'm really hoping that we can give you guys our money.  It would bum us out to break our theme, or go someplace else :*(.   God's speed! DD.
It was said on a steam that it would be released later this year. But that's taken with a grain of salt. Productions are wonky and timelines are flexible, as we all know.
Let's hope that with Saltmarsh out now there will be some time to work on the back log!  Anyone hear any updates?

Edited 1559107391
Yes, i'd be very curious if there are any updates - as i'm building out the campaign now. Last time I built out a full WotC module on Roll20, it was Curse of Strahd - and the moment I put in the last token - they released the Roll20 version ... here's hoping that doesn't happen again. :( If you need help with lighting, i'm about to do it all myself ... *le sigh*
If this come out within a month I will buy it. Otherwise I will wait for avernus.
I've been waiting for this for some time as well. Fingers crossed we are close to a release date!
I have a player who wants to play this sooooooooooooo badly.  He has a seriously disturbing need to kick Demigorgon's posterior.  I think of it more as a suicidal ideology.
Holy cow, my group and I want this so much it's not even funny!! Lol But seriously, is it funding for production speed? I'm sure I'm not alone in saying if money could get it over the finish line then the community would probably pitch in. Pleeeease. Shut up and take my money! Hahaha just kidding. But no, for real. I'd take the money, Toombs.
Now with the new release of A.I. Maybe there will be some further development.  I don't mean to nag, simply remind that there is a very avid audience ready to spend money!  Any comments or updates dev team?  
Dominar Doom said: Now with the new release of A.I. Maybe there will be some further development.  I don't mean to nag, simply remind that there is a very avid audience ready to spend money!  Any comments or updates dev team?   I mean to nag :). Let's get this made and released please guys.
The struggle making it myself is real. I need the real deal. 
Im looking to run this soon, this was going to be my first paid module on Roll20...any news?
Yea this is something i was looking for as well.
I'm still hoping for sometime this year! My group and I are being silly and doing the modules in the order in which they were published. We were too nerd proud to break our habit and have been home-brewing in the mean time.  The more posts we get here, the more we let the Dev Team know we're still waiting to spend our money!  
I'll add to the chatter, OoTA is one of my favorite modules I'll kick a 50 just to see the maps.
+1 would pay for Out of the Abyss!
Just adding another voice to this crowd. I'm dying to spend my money on this module.
It would be great to see this released. I am starting this campaign next week actually.
I'm still hoping too! Dean said: Ziechael summed it up really well, thanks! It is our intention to have it out this year, but specifics at this point are not possible. Now that the end of year is insight, any more updates from the Dev team?  Would be great to have some word.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
As a part of Roll20's licensing agreement, specifics can’t be revealed until closer to completion and with the agreement of the licensor (in this case Wizards of the Coast).  You can keep an eye out for announcements here on the forums, as well as the blog , twitter , and via the Roll20 Newsletter (if you’re not signed up for that, you can join here ).