Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Macro help for Palladium Games

alright let's get started by saying that this is a macro that rolls ability scores. the things the technique is weird.  roll 3d6 and reroll the first value of 1. If the roll is 16 or greater than roll an additional 1d6. if that additional 1d6 comes up 6 then roll a another additional 1d6.  now as far as i know you can't recall a roll without the use of the API. which means i would need an API script to work this out, but how would i do that? if there were an if statement available to use then i could make it pretty simply but i don't think that that is part of the basic macro stuff. i thought of using a query but that would only be helpful if i could recall specific dice to reroll in the initial 3d6. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
First, it would take JavaScript, which is different from Java (just to save you any research time) Second, you would need a Pro level subscription, or at least to be the GM of a game created by an active Pro-level subscriber. If you can overcome the first two issues, I'm sure there are folks on the forum who can help you with the actual code part.
okay well i plan on upgrading my account just to help a friend with project as he doesn't have the time and resources to do it and i am lacking education of JavaScript and i don't know where to find any tutorials on it right off the top of my head so i figured i would ask here
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
I only run the old fantasy palladium game, but I have written a macro for each race I allow as playable.  In that system, you only get the additional d6 (and only one) if your initial roll is 17 or 18.  So far, that isn't common enough for me to pursue an automated way of rolling the additional d6.  I just have people roll manually if the initial roll is high enough.  I have mine set up to reroll all 1s: &{template:default} {{name= Human Ability Scores}} {{IQ=[[3d6r1]]}} {{ME=[[3d6r1]]}} {{MA=[[3d6r1]]}} {{PS=[[3d6r1]]}} {{PP=[[3d6r1]]}} {{PE=[[3d6r1]]}} {{PB=[[3d6r1]]}} {{SPD=[[3d6r1]]}} If you only want it to reroll the first one, but not any other 1s rolled, then this should work: &{template:default} {{name= Human Ability Scores}} {{IQ=[[3d6ro1]]}} {{ME=[[3d6ro1]]}} {{MA=[[3d6ro1]]}} {{PS=[[3d6ro1]]}} {{PP=[[3d6ro1]]}} {{PE=[[3d6ro1]]}} {{PB=[[3d6ro1]]}} {{SPD=[[3d6ro1]]}} Of course, if you don't make people roll in order, you could remove the stat labels from the different lines.  Hopefully this gives some inspiration. Also, if the system you are playing has a bunch of charts for character generation like the fantasy game does, I would recommend making a "character creation monster".  You can fill the attributes with macros for stats and any charts, make them all token actions, then put the token on the GM layer of your landing page or wherever.  Give permissions to all players for that character sheet, then archive the sheet.  Then you can move the character creation token to the token layer anytime someone needs to make a character.  Pop it back to the gm layer when character creation is done.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Knight General said: okay well i plan on upgrading my account just to help a friend with project as he doesn't have the time and resources to do it and i am lacking education of JavaScript and i don't know where to find any tutorials on it right off the top of my head so i figured i would ask here Remember that the person who creates a campaign needs to be Pro, to use the API. So if your friend is going to be the GM and you the player, it might be worth upgrading their account to Pro instead of yours.