Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Ability to Create a Rollable Table Token using Macro

I think this should be very easy to implement because there is a button that already does this and all it needs is a macro command that calls on this event. We already have  1t[table-name]  macro command to randomly roll from a Rollable table, why don't we have a macro command that creates the token from rollable table? I would like to chain it with other macro commands. If anybody else can think of a way to do something similar to this, let me know please!
Hello Daniel A., I have gone ahead and moved this to the Specific Use Questions and Macros forum.
1553280854

Edited 1553281031
I'm kind of confused why this post was moved. It is a feature request. I know that there are APIs that I can utilize and am planning to do so (King's Summon Monster and Token Mod). I've pretty much figured out how to do it.  But I've just noticed that if the code for generating a token was made in a macro command, then it would be so much simpler than downloading two possibly APIs that could cause issues with the game. I believe it will be easy implementing this feature. I'm surprised as to why this still is not a macro command when you can roll through the rollable table using a macro command. I expect a response please. Edit: I see now that my request was also phrased as a specific question. I apologize for that. I'll make a new request if the request was worded wrong. Otherwise, I still believe that the first half of my statement should be implemented. 
1553310283
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
To answer part of this question, you can't have a macro command that actually does something like that. All macros do is roll dice and/or print to the chat window. They don't even have simple if-then logic. They can issue API commands, but that's really the API "listening in" on the chat window for an appropriate entry. The table command is just referencing a "lookup chart" to print pre-determined text to chat. You can't even skew results on a table (like rolling with a +10 bonus) So yeah, it absolutely requires the API to do this, and it is vanishingly unlikely to ever be implemented as a chat command. Final note about the APIs--they are generally pretty safe to use.