Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Folders for map pages & easy way to move players

For some of us GM's, we run a lot of pages of maps in our games, and having folders to organize these would be super handy. Also, with the amount of pages I have open a lot of the time, I have trouble dragging the players to an appropriate page without moving it on the page order. It would be nice to have a simple menu popout, or even just a button on the page settings to "Move players here" or something. I know about archiving pages, trust me, I have tons of pages archived in these games I run, but I have a large amount of battlemaps at the ready because I tend to run heavy sandbox-style hexcrawls. Just some simple organizational features I think would go a long way (and the "move players here" thing is mostly to deal with possibly not being able to drag the banner into these 'folders' I'm proposing).
You may want to check out my four year old thread on the subject of folders for map pages. Currently the Orr Group dev team have folders on their "obstructed" list of tasks as such an improvement is dependent on several other planned changes in the UI and API that they are currently working on.
An API script to "move players here" is relatively easy to do (and there are scripts available in the repository which do this). Something like: if (playerIsGM(playerId)) { let player = getObj( "player" , playerId); let lastPage = player . get ( "_lastpage" ); // This is read-only, if it was writable, we could switch the GM's page. if ( lastPage ) { Campaign(). set ( "playerpageid" , lastPage ); Campaign(). set ( "playerspecificpages" , false ); } } However, what isn't possible to do using the API is change the page that the GM is currently looking at. The _lastpage field is read-only, so it isn't possible to move the GM to another page. If that field was made writable (or some other way in the API of changing the GM's current page), then it would be relatively easy to add a script to manage pages from the chat window. e.g. list all the pages (maybe with a simple search feature), and click on the one to move the GM to. This might be a quick way to enable script writers to add in some workarounds for better page handling whilst we wait for the Roll20 team to do a really nice solution with the UI.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .