Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Rogue Trader] Skill buttons not working when clicked, no prompt appears

Edited 1554153386
Lessy
Plus
I'm not sure if this sheet is still maintained or not, I see there isn't an active thread for it, so I am assuming the later, all the same I'd like to report a strange bug that appeared recently, affecting both me and several other people in my weekly game. When we click the number next to our basic or advanced skills, no prompt appears, no matter how many times we click. We tried making a new sheet, refreshing roll20, and our browsers too (Firefox for me, unsure about them) and nothing worked to make the prompt appear so we could actually roll them. Repeating sections for weapons and characteristic rolls still seem to work just fine though, and it also didn't affect our Game Master who could roll from our sheets just fine. If someone could look at the code to see if the issues lies there I would be greatly appreciative. EDIT: Looks like Firefox may be to blame, as Google Chrome has no such issues, still would love to know why this is happening and how to fix it though.
Well this answers if anyone else is using the Rogue Trader sheet... The numbers inside the skill button are disabled fields. Something changed in Firefox that has the disabled fields preventing the button from being pressed. Good news: I have a method to fix it and I am working on it.  Bad news: it might take a couple of weeks, at least.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Coal Powered Puppet said: Bad news: it might take a couple of weeks, at least. For everyone;  Character Sheet deploy April 9th delayed till April 11th
Yeah, but School cares nothing about the importance of Roll20 sheets
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Coal Powered Puppet said: Yeah, but School cares nothing about the importance of Roll20 sheets My wife either... ;-P

Edited 1554503552
Coal Powered Puppet
Pro
Sheet Author
I have a fix and upgraded sheet here .  Please stop in and see if this works for you and your players Edit: I am currently running this game, so I made lots of what I think of as improvements, and was only doing it for my game.  However, if you like it, I can go over with a fine tooth comb and make sure all the names are the same (as much as I can) so data loss will be minimal. 
Coal Powered Puppet said: I have a fix and upgraded sheet here .  Please stop in and see if this works for you and your players Edit: I am currently running this game, so I made lots of what I think of as improvements, and was only doing it for my game.  However, if you like it, I can go over with a fine tooth comb and make sure all the names are the same (as much as I can) so data loss will be minimal.  This sheet has needed a update to bring it up to snuff with the Only War one tbh, but on a side note it's still not working, is there something our GM has to do to push the update through?
Have you looked in the game I linked?  The upgrades/changes I have made are only in that game.  Its not until I push these things to github- and they are approved- will the changes affect the sheet on the server.

Edited 1554576484
Lessy
Plus
I'm sorry I'm a derp, I took a look and this looks amazing! I'd love to see this pushed to github and then full release! Great work! :D EDIT: could you add in the modifier prompts for melee/ranged like the Only War sheet for weapons?
Jake W. said: EDIT: could you add in the modifier prompts for melee/ranged like the Only War sheet for weapons? Added check boxes and radio buttons (under the lock switch next to special rules) in the test campaign. Tell me if you like it.  I hate adding more pop up modifiers than I have to.
Coal Powered Puppet said: Jake W. said: EDIT: could you add in the modifier prompts for melee/ranged like the Only War sheet for weapons? Added check boxes and radio buttons (under the lock switch next to special rules) in the test campaign. Tell me if you like it.  I hate adding more pop up modifiers than I have to. Wow, that's a very creative approach, I like it a lot. One minor thing though, the All Out Attack doesn't seem to add a modifier, and can't be combined with an aim action, so if there was a way to make an All Out Attack on the same line as the Aim mods, that would be great, but not a major issue. Another minor thing, in the Combat Modifier box (kudos for adding that btw) it lists All Out Attack as a +20 modifier, when it is in fact a +30. Again, a minor thing. Great work so far, this sheet puts all the other sheets I've had the pleasure (or displeasure) of having to use in a trash can.
I may have missed an errata or something because this is what I found: According to page 238  in the Rogue Trader book, All Out is +20 to Weapon Skill. I could not find anything in the book about the Aim action and All Out Attack.  All Out Attack is a full action, but you can spend a turn aiming before you go all out. And I will work on the All Our Attack modifier not adding. 

Edited 1555113939
Lessy
Plus
Coal Powered Puppet said: I may have missed an errata or something because this is what I found: According to page 238  in the Rogue Trader book, All Out is +20 to Weapon Skill. I could not find anything in the book about the Aim action and All Out Attack.  All Out Attack is a full action, but you can spend a turn aiming before you go all out. And I will work on the All Our Attack modifier not adding.  Okay, that was my b. In only War AOA are +30 and charging is +20, it seems in the versions before these bonuses where only +20 and +10 respectively. Also again it is an Only War thing with not combining AOA and aiming, says it on page 242 of the Only War Core Rulebook; "A character cannot combine an Aim Action with an All Out Attack." Said caveat doesn't exist in before it, like Rogue Trader or Deathwatch.