Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Pathfinder Bestiary questions

I am going to be starting a pathfinder campaign and was looking at the bestiary (mainly because of the import to character sheet feature).  My first question is that if I let my pro subscription lapse, will I still have full access to those tokens and the import feature? My second question is do these things (the bestiary) ever go on sale or distribute some kind of coupon?...40 bucks seems a bit steep for photons and I am reticent to invest unless I am sure my game takes off Thanks
Dean
Roll20 Team
Hi Mike, You don't require a pro subscription for access to the features of the Bestiary. The only thing you can't do is transmogrify creatures from one game to another, but you can still drag and drop from the compendium just fine, so shouldn't be any issue there. Roll20 doesn't take part in sales. We sometimes have permanent price drops on materials in conjunction with the publisher. Hope that helps!
yeah the drag and drop feature doesn't work just fine from the bestiary. the only thing it populates is the name and a description. From what I read you need a API to get it to work as advertised.  I can copy paste info one line at a time in the statblock section, but the "drag and drop" feature should not be mentioned as its seems its broken.  
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Mike, The confusion might stem from the fact that there are two commonly used Pathfinder sheets. The official Roll20 sheet supports a Bestiary drag and drop. The Pathfinder Community sheet does not. At least not according to the tests I just ran.
keithcurtis said: Hi Mike, The confusion might stem from the fact that there are two commonly used Pathfinder sheets. The official Roll20 sheet supports a Bestiary drag and drop. The Pathfinder Community sheet does not. At least not according to the tests I just ran. Ah yes.  that might be where my confusion came from.  I already bought it, its one of the few pathfinder core books I dont have in hardcover already so its not a total loss.  
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Community sheet only works with the regular compendium.