Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Enable an additional "GM-Map" layer

Score + 12
I use the GM Layer to not only make notes on the Map, but also to prepare Encounters, have tokens there that will pop up etc. This sometimes makes moving around groups of things harder than it has to since I accidentally select the Area-Numbers or my Area Notes as well. I'd love if there was another layer that acts like the "Map and Background" layer, but is not visible to players to Permanent Notes, markings etc.
+1 I do this all the time. It is game breaking sometimes when the room number shows up with the bad guys!
Good idea. For my the same thing would be extraordinarily helpful for the Map-Layer too. When I use a map as background image and then put objects onto it, it is always difficult to just grab the objects. You put much effort in aligning the background map and have destroyed this in an instant. So one additonal layer for a map background, please. Or alternatively the option to lock images/objects/tokens/tiles.