Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[HELP] I am a potato.

Well not technically a potato, but when it comes to DND i'm pretty much a beginner and with Roll20 i'm even more so.  I have my character built on paper and we have run a few adventures together. Now trying to upload him into Roll20 I cant figure out a way to add Circle of the Moon to my Druid. I have searched and read but I end up scratching my arse and more confused than when I began.  Can anyone break it down in potato-speak for me please? 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Sunny, if you have not purchased a compendium like the Players Handbook, you are limited to what is available that has been freely released by Wizards of the Coast: the SRD, or Śystem Reference Document. Each class in the SRD has only one archetype. For Druids, this is the Land Druid. The good news is that nothing prevents you from adding those features manually.
keithcurtis said: "The good news is that nothing prevents you from adding those features manually." nothing apart from my own ineptitude. ;) how would I add things? I can speak 3 languages but unfortunately XML isn't one. I see so many people adding cool drop downs for Wild Shape and I'd love to be able to. I have the Players Handbook, Xanathar Deluxe and Volo's Guide all in hardback, could I pay and get them added? Is this a paid account feature?  Thanks for the help. Truly appreciated. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Sorry, I should have spoken more clearly. By "enter manually" I meant fill in the features by hand. Either typing them in or copy and paste from the SRD. I realize it's nowhere near as convenient as a Compendium drop, I only meant that the sheets can still function, just without automated input.
keithcurtis said: Sorry, I should have spoken more clearly. By "enter manually" I meant fill in the features by hand. Either typing them in or copy and paste from the SRD. I realize it's nowhere near as convenient as a Compendium drop, I only meant that the sheets can still function, just without automated input. no worries. thanks so much for your help. :D 
Does your DungeonMaster have the player's handbook or Xanathars purchased on Roll20? They can give you access to those books by sharing them with all the players. this saves having to make the character for you by manual selection.