Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Scale Health Bars, Token Names, and Status Icons

Edited 1555329491
Current Situation Since currently most purchased maps are incorrectly dimensioned (10' or even 20' grid) which causes health bars, token names, and status icons to appear far too big compared to the token size, I suggest to scale the objects so, that they appear in a proper size (as they do with 5' grid). grid cell = 20', cell width = 0.25 (like some Storm King's Thunder Maps): (" Everything's too large " is the token name) grid cell = 10', cell width = 0.5 (like almost all maps, e.g. Dungeon of the Mad Mage): Target Situation Both cases above should appear like when grid cell = 5', cell width = 1: Then status icons don't cover the token anymore and health bars don't tend to appear as thick rectangles. Additional Feature In addition I really would appreciate to be able to define in which height above the token the health bar shall appear. Currently they either hide the tokens above or the tokens hide the health bars: My dearest wish is to have something like this: Thanks in advance!
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Have you taken a look at the token bar update on the dev server?

Edited 1555346330
Brian C. said: Have you taken a look at the token bar update on the dev server? No, but now. Not bad, thanks for the info, Brian! But it's a bit fat, isn't it?  But all in all I like it. Far better than it is now. Great. That's really a nice update. Love roll20!

Edited 1556063106
Hmm, see I actually preferred the bars where they were. Now they obscure part of the token, like the red ones used to. Not much of an issue with portrait tokens, but annoying if you use overhead tokens, like I do. Your suggested position seems like the best of both worlds, neither obscuring the token nor those above it. Overall, though, I totally agree with your suggestion. The way the tokens look on the shrunken maps in many official modules is particularly annoying. EDIT: Having had a bit more time to look at the new bars, I feel like they are way too fat. Combined with the new position, they obscure so much of the token their attached to.
Yes, exactly my thoughts. The bars are very fat now, but if they are thinner it will be difficult to put a readable text on them. I could live with it. Actually I would also love to have the option to totally hide the health bars (currently they are always visibile for the DM), because I use an API script "Aura/Healthbars" to indicate the health status, and the health bars are just irritating at the current positions. If roll20 would do the scaling thing I suggested concerning the official modules I would be soo pleased anyway. I always wonder why people seem to like this. Asha L. said: Hmm, see I actually preferred the bars where they were. Now they obscure part of the token, like the red ones used to. Not much of an issue with portrait tokens, but annoying if you use overhead tokens, like I do. Your suggested position seems like the best of both worlds, neither obscuring the token nor those above it. Overall, though, I totally agree with your suggestion. The way the tokens look on the shrunken maps in many official modules is particularly annoying. EDIT: Having had a bit more time to look at the new bars, I feel like they are way too fat. Combined with the new position, they obscure so much of the token their attached to.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .