Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

(LFP) Fan of Wrestling? Youre in the right place, this is the game for you. JOIN NOW! (Newbs welcome)

Edited 1555443254
Kris
Pro
Hello there, my name is Kris, I will be the gm for this game that uses the World Wide Wrestling RPG system which is very simple as it runs off of an easy 2d6 system that's based around 4 basic attributes, so if youre a fan of wrestling, but never tried this system specifically, its extremely easy to learn and I would be willing to teach you and provide you with the materials needed to play. We're almost full, just trying to pick up a couple people before we start on the 24th, so get your replies in quick. This game will be run every Wednesday, and start at 7pm eastern, the only requirements are a working mic, discord, and a working knowledge of wrestling. This is a brand new discord, and a brand new universe, not associated with any other groups.  Getting right into it, you will be joining an organization called Next Gen Pro, a mid tier promotion that is centered out of Chicago, their slogan is "Putting the EVOLUTION in REVOLUTION", if that helps you get an idea of the type of company they are. NGP currently has a contract with the BoS center in Springfield in which they alternate running their house and tv shows out of, as they like to set up events in the surrounding states sometimes to try and expand, but they usually bring in around 6-7000 fans per show regardless of location. Their tv shows are aired on WGN-TV which is a local station out of Chicago that seems to get decent numbers, but mainly thats because of their online presence as they run both a youtube and twitch channel as well that air their house shows. The roster has a solid tag team division, two youthful singles divisions, and a women's division that has seen a huge rise in popularity lately thanks to some recent additions. There is no pigeonholing here, you will be able to work in any division, and I will work with you on trying to fulfill your dream of becoming a superstar, giving you opportunities along the way to succeed.  The game itself follows the book pretty closely, but I have added in some homebrew stuff that helps bring the game to life a little bit more. Backstage politics and OOC stuff that happens will have just as big as an impact on your success as how well you perform in the ring, and there's plenty of chances to succeed. and in more ways then one. We have a social media channel that players use to help immerse themselves, they can post in there in a twitter style format to help develop their characters, along with txts and dms channels that we will be using to keep up communication between wrestlers and backstage personnel between/during games. All the wrestlers and backstage people you will be interacting with will have bios that you can reference as well, and there is also a history handout for the promotion itself so you can get an idea of where the company has been in the past, and where its headed currently. There will also be detailed booker's notes every week for your wrestler in which the company may ask you to cut a promo, or hit certain spots during your match, these will be vital in helping you get ahead in the company as giving the fans what they want to see is the most important thing. Im definitely trying to make the players experience seem as realistic as possible, while still being extremely enjoyable and entertaining, including having added in a kayfabe news for players to read each week about their characters story lines.  Thanks for any responses, and to everyone who took the time to read.   
I am interested in playing your game.
Cool. Ill send u a msg with my discord info.
I'd like to try this system out and maybe give it a go, if you'll have me.
I heard about this game on an actual play podcast I listen to and I am interest in trying it out.