Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Need help with SWN character sheet not responding correctly.

In our game, we have a character called Quentin. Whenever any of us try to click any of the quick menus to reach the skills (as I dont see any other way to reach them), we are greeted by the text " Unable to find a player or character with name: Quentin ". What to do?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
 I'm guessing there is a discrepancy between the macro and the actual character name. What happens if you rename "Quentin "PAQ" McCallum" to just "Quentin" on the sheet? 
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I don't know, but I'd guess the quotes in the name might be messing things up. I think Vince is thinking the same. Have you tried changing the name to "Quentin (PAQ) McCallum" or some other non-quote characters. If in doubt, go Vince's method and only use letters and numbers.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
It's also strange that the screen shot shows 'Quentin "PAQ" ' at the top of the character journal, yet the full name on the sheet it 'Quentin "PAQ" McCallum'  Shouldn't they be the same?
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I was wondering about that, too. It could be caused by an issue with quotes, but I cant ever remember using quotes in journal names, so I'm not sure if it causes an issue. But it's definitely the first thing I'd check if I was at my gaming PC.
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It's the quotes in the character name (the sheets name, not the name field on the sheet). You can replace them by some kind of Unicode quotes in order to make it work (or get rid of the quotes). These menu macros work by whispering to the character, and to make that work I had to wrap the name in quotes to handle whitespace in the character name.
Thanks to all of you!! Removing the "" fixed it! Thanks!