Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

5th Edition Fighter Webpage and Roll20 5th Edition Sheet Corrections

On the webpage itself, the starting saving throw proficiencies are not listed. When on the roll20 character sheet, if you pick fighter, the saving throws are not automatically checked like they are with other classes. 
Hello Brandon M., Sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue. I have checked here and created a character using the Charactermancer. Both have the Saving Throw proficiencies. Can you provide us a screenshot of this issue and let us know how you are creating your character? Additionally, p lease carefully work through these steps of our guide to   Solving Technical Issues  to rule out potential issues. Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome  and  Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable  all  add-ons/extensions. Step 3: Clear your cache Thanks!

Edited 1555509648
I don't use the charactermancer, I prefer editing the sheet directly and upon further testing, the only one that automatically adds the initial saving throw proficiencies is druid. Using the drop down menu, if you click through each one, druid is the only one that auto checks the saving throw proficiencies. Also, I went back through the webpages and the only 5th edition classes that show their starting saving throw proficiencies are barbarian and bard, the rest have that information missing.  To explain the images below, the one on the left in each screenshot is a sheet I edited directly and only clicked the drop down menu to make it "druid" while the right one in each screenshot I did the same and made it "rogue". During my testing, not only did I find that the saving throws did not properly check themselves, the correct hit die for other classes didn't apply either, only applying to the druid. I had my girlfriend test on her computer with another browser and she replicated these results.  The top screenshot shows the saving throws, the bottom screenshot shows the hit die.   
Hello again Brandon M., I am unable to reproduce this behaviour. After adding a new character, using the drop down box to select class, I can swap between them and the sheet updates correctly.  Can you verify that you have followed all of steps 1-3 in  our guide to   Solving Technical Issues ? If not, please attempt them and try again. Also, we ask that you please see if you have this same issue when creating a new campaign. If it does not happen in the new campaign, please provide us with the name of the campaign this is happening in. If the issue still persists after following the troubleshooting steps, please follow  Step 4 .   (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) Thank you!

Edited 1555539003
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Greetings Brandon, I was able to reproduce the error. Thank you for the screen shots as they were very helpful. I have deployed a fix,&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pull/4980" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pull/4980</a> &nbsp;. It needs to get past QA but I imagine it will be safe to deploy next Tuesday. Thanks for the help! Cassie Edit: Brandon my fix was just for the Saves as that is what was reported to me. I wasn't able to reproduce the Hit Die
Good to know and you're welcome! Also, I would hope that the class webpages will be updated with the correct information as well? Just a nice QoL thing is all. :D
I attempted to replicate the hit die issue on another game I created just to make character sheets. I took a single sheet and changed the class multiple times, again, not using the charactermancer, editing the sheet directly. Before you click anything it shows the default d4 and when you click "Druid" it does the proper d8. If you then click "Choose" again it flips to a d6. From "Choose" I went to classes that had above a d6 such as "Barbarian" and "Fighter". None changed. I clicked "Druid" to make it a d8, which it did, and then chose classes below a d8, such as "Wizard" and "Sorcerer", with no change until I clicked "Choose" again in which it went back to the d6.&nbsp; Now, I may just be abusing the poor sheet and it's breaking, but I have noticed it randomly before when playing in a game and making a new character and I would manually have to change the die to the proper one in settings.&nbsp;&nbsp;

Edited 1555546234
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Its updated on the PHB pages but it looks like the SRD content is indeed missing Saving Throws. I'll inquire about that being update. Those steps for changing the hit die are useful. I'll check on that tomorrow.
Oh! I didn't think to check if they were SRD pages or not. I don't have any of the books on roll20 so I wouldn't have known. LOL
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Not a problem. We try to keep the SRD pages updated. I informed our production team and they will put it on their to do list. :)
Hey Cassie, just curious, but were you able to replicate the hit die issue with my steps?
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Greetings Brandon, I was a bit busy at the end of last week and it fell off my radar. I'll make some time today to take a look at it. :)&nbsp; Thanks for the reminder,&nbsp; Cassie