Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Maps and images are gone.

I log in today to find out that all my maps and adventures that I've created on my account are gone. There are a few maps and tokens still in place, those being from my marketplace purchases, pro subscription, and free assets all in roll20. Also, my uploaded images are all gone as well. I was hoping to try and get them back since I have a session this weekend and it would take forever to try and rebuild everything.
Hello Nolan D., We are sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue with maps and images.  Can you provide us with the name of the campaign you are having this issue with and when did you first notice this issue?  Are you able to see any of your uploaded materials if you create a new game?
Its pretty much all my maps and campaigns. You see, i separate my campaigns into chapters. So each chapter i have to give my players a new link to the game. So all my maps in my different 'campaigns' that I uploaded from my pc are gone. Example, Adazaar: Road to, and the area of Plapone is missing maps and images of only the stuff i uploaded from my pc, which is most besides a couple cave since I make most of my maps in Dungeon Painter Studio. Even when I create a new game, My Library for images is still missing almost all the images I've uploaded, the only ones that stayed are ones I uploaded near the time I started playing on roll20.
Hello Nolan. Am I understanding that there are files missing from your asset library? Or have your games themselves gone missing? Has anything at all changed with your setup since before you noticed the problem? Any browser extensions or API scripts? (Try opening one of your games in an incognito browser window on Chrome.) Also we just need to confirm if you have tried all the basic troubleshooting steps outlined in the Solving Technical Issues Guide .
My setup hasn't changes, I tried all the troubleshooting steps, I've tried disabling and deleting extensions, and yes you are understanding correctly. Almost all the images I've uploaded are missing but the games they were featured in are still there, but those said games have those images gone as if they never existed in the game. Side Note: I had a look at the API Scripts and nothing going wrong there cause I never use the scripts anyways, and I even tried rolling back the game to see if that would do anything and no dice on that either.
Hello Nolan D., Thanks for that information. I have passed this information along to our devs. We hope to have additional information for you soon.
Hi Nolan, Unfortunately, we are unable to recover lost art library assets. That said, any information on why they disappeared will be very helpful in trying to pinpoint potential larger issues that we can fix to prevent this in the future. To that end, have you removed any assets from the "Recent Uploads" section of your Art Library? If so, these assets serve as the root, so to speak, and if they are removed all instances of that asset will also be removed from any game as well as the Art Library.