Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Creating a Character Sheet when you first enter the game

So I've searched this section of the form and couldn't find anything I was looking for so maybe this'll help me and someone else who is also looking for something similar. Is there a way to create a character sheet for someone when they first boot up the game after you invite them? I know there's the api for when you type "!charsheet" but I'm looking for something that does it automatically when they first load in. Thanks!
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
There is a script called ' Welcome Package ' that should do what you want... never used it but it certainly sounds about right ;)
Ziechael said: There is a script called ' Welcome Package ' that should do what you want... never used it but it certainly sounds about right ;) Thank you, don't know why I didn't notice this before.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You are welcome, I have to get some benefit from trawling these forums more than is considered healthy lol
I have often just created a number of new character sheets and applied them to "All Players" so they can claim one when they log in. If the permission is too open for your tastes, you can just tie them to the correct player at a later time.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I use the welcome package script regularly in games and it speeds up the character creation process by allowing players to have a sheet assigned to them from when they enter the game room.