Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Interest Check: Battletech Mercenary campaign (Combat based).

I'm interested to see if there is enough interest in running a campaign using the Battletech rules (the TT wargame more than the RPG). Players would each start with a light mech with the intention on being in charge of their own merc. company. Over time players would upgrade their mech and have the option of purchasing a dropship which would allow them to bring more mechs to the fight, or potentially get options for air support etc. The players would have the choice of where to go, which contracts to accept etc. There would be a light roleplaying aspect in terms of loyalties to various factions, the type of work you're willing to do and there would be an overarching story to the events,  but it would mostly be a game about tactical combat.  No particular time/days thought of as yet - just interested to see if anyone would be interested in getting involved.  No battletech experience required.
I’m interested 
I too am interested in this.

Edited 1555561248
Baron Mardi
KS Backer
I love Battletech. I'm also surprised by the "no Battletech experience required" comment.  I've played the TTRPG, but that was such a long time ago ... that I can only pretend to really know what's been in Mechwarrior PC games over the years anymore. Since one of my weekly games has recently come to an end, I will say that I am interested.
I have been interested in doing something like this for a while now. I'll send you a PM with my vital stats. 
I'm definitely interested
Thanks guys. What times are you available? I'm probably around most on weekday (Monday-Thursday) evenings from 10 pm Eastern time. 
I'm also on EST timezone and available on Sundays, Mondays, Thursdays with possibilities for Fridays. But on weekdays I would have to start earlier than 10PM, going to bed passed 1AM when I work the day after is a bit unreasonnable.
@Carl T. Unfortunately I'm not in EST, I normally live in Delhi (GMT+5:30) so your 10 pm is my 7:30 am the next morning. I also work mostly on weekends. 
@Stephen sorry I guess I thought you mean "Eastern daylight time". But yeah, our timezones do not fit, which is a shame (there aren't a lot of BTech players).
Yea, sorry, I did mean Eastern daylight time. I currently wake up early on Mondays to play a D&D campaign for some people in the US. If I can't get enough people to run at that day/time I might be able to start at perhaps 6 am (8:30 for you) but we'll see how things go.
If the timeline starts out at either 3025 or 3045 (five years before the Clan Invasion era), count me in.
Is there gonna be Life Modules character creation to start out first when creating a MechWarrior pilot character?
@Charlie: It'll be around that time, or possibly just before and then extend into that era. I'm not sure, I'm looking at the various options. What's your opinion on that?
I love combat and war strategy games. I'm in the EST timezone so scheduling might be difficult but I'll certainly join if we can find a time that works for the both of us.
@stephen Just curious.
I'm interested but whether I can play or not is dependent on the day and time selected.
This sounds interesting, to me. Time and day are a talking point though, I am in the Central EU timezone (GMT+2 during summer, +1 during winter)
I'm interested, just recently getting to know the Battletech rules. GMT +0 Timezone
I would be interested as well. I am GMT+2. Or in case we get enough people to form second group. I am willing to organize game myself. We might even work with original GM to form colab game and pit players against each other in same universe :)
Avarita said: I would be interested as well. I am GMT+2. Or in case we get enough people to form second group. I am willing to organize game myself. We might even work with original GM to form colab game and pit players against each other in same universe :) That's something I'm looking forward to see. >:)
So what are the thoughts right now?
Heya, sorry for the vanishing act. I've just moved to another country and had a tonne of stuff to organise. It looks like sessions will be on Tuesdays or Thursdays 8 pm eastern time. I'm hoping we'll start playing a few trial sessions within the next 2-3 weeks. If you're free at that time feel free to jump into discord and we'll have a chat about the campaign: Stephen#8916
Sweet much thanks.
While I would love to, 8pm eastern is 2 am local time for me so I won't be able to join in. :(