Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Incorrect HD in official D&D 5e character sheet

Having an issue with the character sheet for a Barbarian I've made.  When using the Charactermancer to level up, I get the correct amount of HP gain for the character.  Which is of course based on a d12.  However, if I click the "hit dice" on the character sheet to roll for HP restored during a long rest, Roll20 for some reason rolls a d4 instead of a d12. I've checked the settings tab of the character sheet (via the gear icon), and noticed that the very first listed value, HIT DIE, had defaulted to d4.  I changed this to d12, but rolling for hp restored via the sheet still rolls a d4.  I noticed on other character sheets that regardless of the class, characters created via the Charactermancer all seem to default to d4 for this value.  For other characters, changing this value to the correct dice type, whether d8, d10, or d6, results in the correct die type being rolled via clicking on the character sheet.  But for my Barbarian character sheet, no matter what I change the HIT DIE value to, clicking on the sheet always results in a d4 being rolled despite what the value is set as.  Can somebody please explain what I could possible be missing?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It might be related to this problem . (Read down about halfway. The Hit Die issue comes up then and is addressed by a dev)
I honestly don't know if I had done any manual editing or changing of of classes with the character sheet in question, but it's entirely possible.  I haven't been able to reproduce the glitch, so I'm going to assume I broke the character sheet somehow.  The glitch I mentioned is annoying but I can work around it.  Thanks for the quick reply.