Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

API Stuck on "Previous shutdown complete, starting up..."

So I started tinkering with the API a bit about 3 days ago or so for a campaign I'm running, (5e, using the roll 20 sheet and OGL roll 20 script) simply so I could add the ammunition and spell slot tracker for my players. Yesterday I hopped on and realized I can no longer get the API to load. I've tried totally removing the script, adding different ones, then ultimately went through the technical issues steps like making sure my browser was updated and clearing cache. I also had an issue with my monthly payment which was rectified tonight (new card, forgot to update it in roll20 so it tried to use my previous card) but maybe that had something to do with it? I added pictures of my support details and the console log from google chrome, any help would be appreciated! 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It might be a silly question, but do you have a game active? The API sandbox won't spin up unless a game is in progress.
Can you define 'a game active'? I make sure I log into the game I'm currently trying to edit (It's called Test) before I try to open the API page, but nothing seems to work. attaching a side by side picture of them both being open.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
You've got it. Like I said, it's a silly question, but a number of folks have reported this without knowing that the game needs to be logged into. I'd try logging into an Incognito/Private Browsing window to rule out most extension conflicts. If that doesn't work, then a mod will likely be by shortly to give you the troubleshooting steps that need to be performed to give a dev the info they need to help.
Unfortunately it seems even in incognito it still hangs, I went ahead and attempted it in firefox as well just to be sure with no effect. Also thank you for your help thus far I really appreciate it
Hello Michael B., Sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue with API not starting. To rule out potential issues, please follow the  steps of our guide to   Solving Technical Issues . This may seem redundant, however, please attempt them in this order.  Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome  and  Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable  all  add-ons/extensions. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through  Step 4  so we can pass the information along to the devs. (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) Thank you!