Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

My Game settings aren't working right for me

I have set my game settings to "never whisper" and "query advantage:,  but everytime i (the GM) try to roll or type in chat it always whispers, and it always advantages. I'm not sure what is wring with my game. I also have Lost mine of Phandelver in it.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Under the settings tab in-game, under "experimental features", there is an option to apply your settings to existing content. Changing the settings on the out-of-game settings page only changes the settings for newly added content.
I am a free member, currently, and in "experimental Features" i only have "QR code for tablet" and "Apply Default Settings"
Hello DM Tim, If you have the default settings set like you want, the "Apply Default Settings" button is the one you want to use. Please note, the "Default Settings will be applied to all characters, pages, and tokens in the game. Default attributes will be overwritten with the game's default settings." We hope this information helps. Let us know if you need any further assistance.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
When you click Apply Default settings, you will be presented with a list of things you have changed in the default settings, and given the chance to confirm. The whisper settings can be buggy to apply. One of them never seems to stick, but I don't think it's the one you are trying to set. If you are at all nervous about applying a game-wide change, practice on a temporary campaign until you are comfortable that it will do what you want. Note: do not change the default token tint settings. That is definitely bugged. Once set to a color, it currently cannot be set back to a default of transparent.
Thank you very much Dragon and keith, your advice has helped fix the issues in my game!
Hi DM Tim, We're happy to hear that this is now resolved for you. I am going to go ahead and close this thread.  Thanks!