Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Hello! HD image question

Good morning all & happy gaming,  I have a map that's rendered in  1920×1080... how many squares should I set that up in Roll20 as?  What would be a 1for1 ratio so I could zoom and avoid distortion? Thanks for any/all replies,  -Eranthius
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
48 x 27 would lead to no distortion (or as low as 16x9) . The eye is not likely to notice minimal distortions however. Anything within 5% either way. Also, you might find it advantageous to increase the dimensions to allow for a margin around your map. Maps that go right to the edge can lead to odd display quirks sometimes. Also, does the map have a grid or an implied scale? That would change the answer in terms of playability
Thanks Keith!  It has a grid option, but I always go with no grid.  It goes with the #DnD 5' per square option.  I'll give the 48x27 a shot.  Thanks again - you rock! E