Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Earthdawn (FASA Official) character sheet companion API Will not add script or import.

Chris D.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
The "Earthdawn (FASA Official) character sheet companion" API was recently added to the dropdown list of available scripts.  But when you attempt to add the script or import it, it just acts like it is doing something, then quietly fails to do anything.  It just returns to the the Roll20 API script library screen. The script does not get added (or imported).  I assume it is encountering some sort of error along the way, but everything that I can see looks like it ought to be working, and there is no error message. It just seems to do nothing.  I am hoping that somebody can look it over and see why the script does not get added. Thanks. 
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with this. Please carefully work through to the first three steps of our guide to Solving Technical Issues: Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser            - Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome and Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20            - Please disable all add-ons/extensions. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, thoroughly work through Step 4 . (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) Thank you!

Edited 1555946505
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Greetings Chris D., I am a little in and out the next few days with holiday travel but I will make some time on Wednesday to see what may be the issue. Do you happen to already have a test game setup that you are using?  You can PM me the name if you don't mind me taking a look. Thank, Cassie
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
For reference: I have duplicated steps. It took two tries for the script to actually add to the campaign. I don't know enough about the system or sheet to verify its behavior, but it is a little quirky on adding.
Chris D.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Thanks both of you! I have tried both adding it and Importing it to several campaigns on both the production and Dev servers dozens of time, but it never once worked for me.  However I think I might finally have figured out what is wrong. I started wondering about the dependency, it seems to fail before asking if I want to load the htmlBuilder.js dependency. I loaded that up manually and retried it, but it still failed.  Then I compared my scripts script.json to the "Welcome Package" script.json which also uses htmlBuilder.js and saw that it's dependencies line is  " dependencies " : [ " HTML Builder " ], while mine is  "dependencies": ["HtmlBuilder"], I used HtmlBuilder since that is the name of the folder that it is in. however "HTML Builder" is the name of the "name" attribute.  So I am 99% convinced that is the problem. Sorry to have wasted every-bodies time. 
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Greetings Chris, Not a problem. I'm glad yo may have found the solution. Keep me posted after its updated if there is still an issue. Thanks, Cassie