Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP][5e] Sunless Citadel - Beginner DM - tomorrow! sat, 5pm GMT+2

Hello everyone! I'm Simon, a rookie DM from Italy, and I'm planning a slightly adjusted version of "Sunless Citadel" from the book "Tales from the Yawning Portal", for up to 6 players. If you, like me, have some weekend free time you're welcome to get on board. This session will be tomorrow, Saturday 20th around 5pm (GMT+2) (with some wiggle room). Sorry about the short notice! DISCLAIMER . I like to play with voice-chat support. I'm not a native English speaker so there's some accent. So, voice characterization is out of my skills. Still, I'm perfectly able to make myself clear. If that's still a problem, unfortunately there's nothing I can do about it but keep practicing :(   LGBT*-FRIENDLY . This should go without saying, but I want this to be an inclusive space, where everyone can simply have a good time. TIMEZONE . I'm Italian (GMT+2) and this is open to anyone from the European area, plus probably central/eastern American timezones, if you want to play in the morning SESSION START AND DURATION . As I said, there's some wiggle room, but it'll be tomorrow around 5PM (GMT+2 - Italian time). The duration will be 4+ hours ideally. If we manage more than that, we'll have a few breaks. FUTURE SESSIONS . If we click, I'd be up to continue the adventure where we interrupt it, and even to continue into something more long-term focused, if we get to the end. LONG STORY SHORT : A worried mother asks your party to find what happened to her son and daughter, who, 2 weeks ago, went exploring a mysterious ruin from their small town, but never returned. NO D&D EXPERIENCE REQUIRED . Fist-timers and beginners are slightly preferred (we all have something to learn, I've been there, and I actually enjoy explaining stuff), but a couple veterans (players or DMs) are welcome as well, in order to have maybe some useful feedback later, and to support me explaining stuff, if needed. CHARACTERS RESTRICTIONS : Depending on the number of players, the adventure will start either at 1st or 2nd level. At the end of this adventure you should be lv3..mayyyyybe lv4 (but probably not). ALLOWED MATERIAL : I allow most published material for your character creation, but don't pick something you're not familiar with, because I don't know every single subclass feature and will probably have other things to focus on, other than understand your build! And ofc, be honest about it, because I will eventually find out if you cheat, and your character will be hit by a lightning or something :P BACKGROUNDS : Just something for you to consider, this is actually far from being a requirement, but I somewhat encourage creating small groups of characters that already know each other, to make party cohesion easier. For the same reason I'd prefer no Evil-aligned characters. Also I find this useful when imagining a background! That being said.... Thank you all for reading, and if you're interested give me an answer here or send me a private message with some basic info, like your age, timezone+availability, experience with D&D, character idea if you have one, and whatever I'm surely forgetting but that you feel is relevant :)
I've played maybe 1-2 games like 4 years ago i have a handbook somewhere but i'm not fluent with the rules idk if you'd be willing to let a near complete beginner join but I am willing to learn an read up on them in my spare time