Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Rest Macro

I am new to Roll20, and am clueless how to add a macro to the Roll20 interface let alone create a new one.  I've tried looking myself, but can't find anything useful. Is there a document somewhere that would be the equivalent of "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Roll20 Macros" ? Specifically, I'm looking for a macro that would automate Short/Long rests in D&D 5e using the OGL(?) character sheet.  Thanks in advance.

Edited 1555753795
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
Macros can't write to Attributes, only read from them. So you could write a macro to roll Hit Dice, etc., and display the result, but not update the Character Sheet.&nbsp; The document you're looking for is in the wiki,&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Macros" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Macros</a> I recommend starting with the Default Roll Template because it makes your macros neat and tidy with little effort. I use it all the time for 13th Age monsters.
In macro you can write anything that you could normaly write in the chat. So you can post images, roll dice, send message to players or even start songs, but you cannot influence a character sheet. That being said, for character sheet, if you trust your player, you can give them the command and tell them how much they regen from the long rest. This way they'll just add it them selves and you'll have less works to do as a DM.
There's an apiscript which can write to character sheet.&nbsp;
If I'm correct, you have to be Pro of Plus to use an apiscript?
You need to be a pro-member to use the api.&nbsp;
OK... thanks for the info all.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Just for clarity and to prevent future misunderstandings, the game creator needs to be a pro subscriber to enable the API for a game. Often one and the same but it would suck if a co-GM upgraded to benefit from the API and then couldn't due to the creators sub level :/