Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Adding different kind of character sheet.

Hello, I'm not sure if that was ever raised, but i have a D&D campaign which makes use of Vehicles, Ships to be exact. I'm using one of the UE rules for this and i'd really like to setup a different character sheet for the Ship. Considering she has multiple AC/HP and properties. But still use token.The character sheet is fine as a DM i can just put the stats where i want and try to keep track, but this is messy for my players if i want them to control it. It's not the first time i had that conundrum. With Starfinder or Coriolis i couldn't build a ship sheet. Is there a way or should i add a tab on the official character sheet for vehicles ?
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You cant have two separate character sheets in the same campaign, so the only way is to modify the sheet you are using - either adding a tab for the sheet, or a selector that lets you switch between modes (character sheet, ship, etc.)
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Haniki said: It's not the first time i had that conundrum. With Starfinder or Coriolis i couldn't build a ship sheet. Is there a way or should i add a tab on the official character sheet for vehicles ? The Starfinder sheet does have a Ship section, you can switch between PC/NPC/Ship in the setting menu(cog icon). The sheet instructions for Coriolis also says it have a ship section. But as GiGs said, you can expand whatever character sheet you have by adding a vehicle section to it.  The wiki have examples of how to do tabs on the CSS Wizardry page . And of course it's probably easier to start from some vehicle layout from an existing sheet which is similar rather than making it from scratch. My suggestion is to look at how Star Wars 5E made their ship sheet(It's a DnD5E homebrew sheet based on the Official sheet), it's likely one of the closest things to how you'd want to create a Vehicle sheet for a DnD5E game, given the high likelihood of overlap.

Edited 1555767116
Thanks for the answers. I m not sure to be the best person for the job but i'll try.

Edited 1556232637
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
After reading your post again I realized you're asking for a ship tab for the official 5E sheet, which is a fair request in itself, just something that seemed to have gone under the radar for others. I created an issue on GitHub regarding this request, where it's more readable for the relevant parties. I mean I assume you're talking about the DnD5E OGL sheet right?

Edited 1556299972
This is exactly what i'm talking about :) Thanks a lot. I've been trying to figure this out by myself, but as i said, i'm far from knowledgeable in that kind of scripting.