Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Rollable Table Result has a Colored Boarder

I created a rollable table where one of the names of the results is just 1 . Whenever this gets rolled inline [[1t[table-name]]], it has a red colored border around the 1 . It's not the first entry in my table, nor is it the lowest number in the table. I've tried [[1t[table-name]cf<0]] but that always just rolls a 1, it doesn't have a border, but it's also just always 1, not a result from the table. What do I need to do to get rid of the red border?
1555879196
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Change that table entry so it is not just 1: maybe use the word "one" instead?
I could, but it would certainly be a bit weird if a player rolled a one  instead of a 1 . Is this a bug? It seems like one if there isn't a way to define what a critical failure is.
1555932228
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It's a lil' clunky but you could do: [[ [[1t[table-name]]]d1cf<0cs<0 ]] if you don't want any formatting at all... to clean up the hover result you may have to do some further roll nesting but it's an option. The issue you are seeing is because the roll formatting isn't classing the table result as a roll, possibly an oversight or possibly intended behaviour *shrug*.
Very clever, but unfortunately I do have 1 result in the table that's a word, and that result doesn't appear anymore.
1555946627
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
You might also try putting a space before the number. That may cause it to be handled as a word instead of a number.
1555950477

Edited 1555950545
Another good idea, but the white space seems to get ignored (both before and after the 1) and it's still highlighted in red. That idea also made me think to use 01  but that 0 also seems to be ignored, and it shows 1  with a red highlight.
1555951184
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Okay, I had to look up what I did when I had a rollable table for random encounters. Any time the result of a rollable table starts with a number, it only displays the number, so "1d2 zombies" became "1". In that case, I wrapped the roll in parentheses. The "(1d2) zombies" did not look as nice, but it displayed the entire entry. Putting something before the "1" will get it to display as a word instead of a number, so any character that is unobtrusive to you would work as would wrapping it in something (i.e."`1", "(1)", "[1]", or "_1_").
Thanks much Brian. I think I can use that. As a note the first thing I tried was -1-  which just reads as -1 .
1555969429
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
You could try –1– or —1— (en and em dashes) rather than hyphens/minus signs.
1555979356

Edited 1555979614
I don't know for sure, but maybe the "rollable table macros" script has a different behaviour. Edit: Then you could specify the formatting inside the name of that tableentry.
Thanks Keith, that does indeed work. Danii, my apologies, but I'm not sure what you mean, are you referring to some part of the API scripting? I haven't looked into that yet.
1556014893

Edited 1556015527
Yes, thats api-scripting. The mentioned script takes whatever is the name of a rolled table entry and gives it back to chat as if you would've typed it in manually. That way you can do rolls and other stuff inside a rollable table. So the name of an entry could be  [[1d1cf<0cs<0]] This should give you a 1 without any borders. Edit: And maybe even an entry like 1 could work because it could be treated as just the word and not a roll, but I'm not sure about that.
I may look into api-scripting later, but it feels like overkill to learn it in order to show 1  instead of –1– . I'll keep it in mind for when I do dive into api-scripting though, thanks.