Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Idea for a Game

Hey guys, I'm a newbie GM, and I've recently came up with a Homebrew game derived from a lesser known Tabletop called Airwar C21, which focuses on Dogfighting. I hope you guys don't mind my lack of knowledge on terminology about tabletops and RPGs in general but I'm interested in finding out on some things I should do to become a good GM. Anyway on to the topic I'm posting, I recently started up a game with my friends and it's called Kings of the Skies and I'd like an honest opinion . It is a dogfighting RPG in which you rank up in tourneys from WW1 era aircraft like the Camel or Albatross, and move up towards WW2 planes like the Iconic Spitfire or Zero, and then further up to modern day aircraft like the F-22 and Su-33. Health and distance traveled per turn is based on the plane's actual statistics and it's future modifications (Red is health, Blue is altitude, Green is ammo). It also has an ammunition mechanic which works for the guns in this game meaning you have to make your shots count. When you get "shot down" you really just get eliminated from the game, as you return to the airstrip and proceed to watch the ongoing match from the ground. The circles show the distance for travel within a turn (Green) and the firing distance (Red) I'd like to know if you guys have any opinions or questions about this game, as I am working on it along side my friends to make this work, but I'd like the opinions of people who handle being GMs rather often. Sorry for lack of knowledge on GMing and I hope you guys are ok with letting me know if I'm doing anything wrong.
1555894251
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
From the Roll20 Community Code of Conduct : The Roll20 Forums exist to discuss topics directly related to the use of the Roll20 program. Anything that more fittingly could be discussed on another website SHOULD be discussed there. Here are some good places to discuss this topic: /r/rpg /r/gamemasters