Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

How do you move the bars above tokens?

The visible bars above the tokens are now blocking the top of the token and include current hps and max hps in a numerical format overlay.  I don't mind the numbers but the bar blocking the token is too much.  How do I move the bar back to above the tokens as it was before?  I know how to remove the bar completely.  How do I just move it?
There is currently no way to just move the bar. The workaround is to put 0/0 into the values of Bar 3 and then go to the Advanced tab and set the Text Overlay of Bar 3 to "Hidden".
Why did they change the position of the bar to be on the token instead of above it where it has always been?  Do you know?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Not making any judgments, just providing info:&nbsp; There was always a bar that covered part of the top of the token, it's just likely you never used it so it was not visible.&nbsp; What they did is made the bars stack based on their visibility, not fixed in a position.&nbsp; So the change is that, where before each bar had an explicit offset position, now each bar is added to the token in the first empty offset position, starting with the one that overlaps the top of the token and moving upward. Go here to continue the discussion on this as you are not the only one interested in options:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7396014/token-bar-redesign-bug-thread#post-7398734" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7396014/token-bar-redesign-bug-thread#post-7398734</a>
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
To add to Aaron's info dump. The behavior of the last 2 months (ish) where all the bars were above the token and spread out over a space equal to the size of the token was a bug. The two behaviors that Aaron describes are pre bug (the fixed position) and post bug resolution (fill first available position).