Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

A Troubled Merchant Approaches

It is a warm spring night in the Guild Hall, and the doors and windows are flung open to let in the gentle breeze (and to let out the stink of twenty different races of poorly-washed adventurers and their drink). Those who cast a glance down the path from the Guild Hall toward the village see a strange sight: perhaps at first it could be confused for some enormous plush monster, but you recognize as it approaches that it is a man with an inordinately large number of hats balanced upon his head. As he begins to remove them to fit through the threshold of the Hall, you notice there are even more hats than you anticipated, small nested within large. As far as visitors to the Guild go, he seems incredibly... normal. "Greetings, lads" he says in a cheery but strained voice. "I am a traveling salesman of caps, hats, helms, and other fine headwear, but I've been running into a spot of bother with these irritating simians who will not leave me alone! They are playful chaps, and I wish them no ill, but I have decided it would be best to divest myself of some of these hats so I will make a less tempting target for their tribe. If any of you good fellows require something functional and fashionable for your noggins, I'm sure we can come to an accommodation!" This kindly merchant will sell you any head slot item at 60% of the list price (so 40% discount). Please post/RP your purchases below! The merchant will leave Sunday, May 5 at 23:59 Pacific time .
Agatha will be getting herself a lovely Heroic-Tier Headband of Intellect (5000*0.60=3000 gp) "ooh, this looks to be a lovely little accessory to put on my hat! even at that price, it's a bit steep for me, but....i'll take it!" Agatha seems to be an awful impulse buyer, apparently.
Makross saunters up to the gent and says, " Thats a nice crown, I'd like to purchase it if you please.  Thank You good sir!"   And exits happily. Crown of Nature's Rebellion Lvl 15 (25,000*0.6 = 15,000 gp)
Gabriela spies a dainty little tiara and smiles. "How delightful! I do believe that's exactly what I've been missing." (Buying level 20 Helm of Heroes.) Gale, eying some of the enchanted headgear, takes her distinctive hat off and holds it close to her. "We've been through too much together to get rid of it, but you can do some sorcery thing where you move the magic from one of those hats into mine, right? I'm pretty sure people do that." (Buying level 14 Circlet of Arkhosia.)
Katarina digs through the pile of hats until eventually she finds one of a light blue material shimmering with inner draconic power. Unbeknownst to the hat merchant who happily accepts her sack of astral diamonds, it will soon become hair band of great magic power. She also assists Gale in getting her enchantment properly transferred. (Buying Epic Circlet of Arkhosia) Taylor searches through the hoard as well, eventually pulling out a large, jewel encrusted crown. She pays for the purchase, then returns to her mother's workshop and begins to pry the gems out of the crown. The first and largest one she takes and secures in her hair, while the rest get inlaid in a different silver setting to become a necklace for Gale. (Buying Ioun Stone of Might) Mary spies a gold headband with a red gem in it shaped like an eye, watching passerbys of its own accord. For a small sack of gold, she takes the headband and ties it around her head, now watching those nearby with three eyes, the one on the headband moving in concert with hers. (Buying Paragon Headband of Perception) Tyra frowns at the small amount of this world's money she has earned so far, pawning off a useless pair of boots she had acquired to the guild before collecting a small pouch of gold and purchasing a light blue cloth hat of her own. After a visit to Kat, it also makes a suitable hair band. (Buying Heroic Philospher's Crown)
Hans spots a golden circlet. "Doesn't look like much but I think this should help me keep standing a bit longer." Buying: Circlet of Indomitability (lvl 8) for 2040
Now listen here traveling salesman, Roland buys Circlet of Arkhosia (lvl 24) for 315000 (525000*0.6), brotherrrr.

Edited 1557108459
Luke sees a certain draconian tiara lying around, and looks indecisive before sighing and paying for it. "...Hope Master and Sir Reinhardt don't make fun of me too much for this." Luke buying epic Circlet of Arkhosia for 315000. Inanna sees a similar tiara in rose-gold. "Suitable." Inanna buying paragon Circlet of Arkhosia for 12600. "Fuck why not, I'll buy one of these shitty things too." Houyi buying a Pileus Helm for 1080.

Edited 1556633984
Vhai
Plus
Sayura, browsing the merchant's wares, sees a strange fungal cap. After hearing the explanation of its abilities, she hands the merchant a small stack of jade coins and walks away without the cap, inspiration having struck from the concept. Buying a Pileus Helm for 1080 Salaron juggles a knife in one hand as she peruses the merchant's wares. Then she stops, leans over, and taps a plain circlet with the knife. It begins to shimmer as if reflecting a dark flame. She grins and picks up the circlet, cashing it out as she leaves. Buying a Circlet of Authority for 1560 Filain enters the merchant's tent, and soon notices a distinct pair of lenses. Recognizing them as artifacts of the Arkhosian empire, he is quick to claim them for their power. Buying Matrakk's Lenses for 5400 Khojin, meanwhile, spends most of her day chatting with the strange merchant himself. A man with such a large collection of hats clearly has an equally large collection of stories to tell, after all. After a day of such conversation, she finds herself having acquired a large hat collection of her own, as well as several new languages. Buying a Helm of Languages for 3000 Nalin, lurking around the guild hall as usual, wanders among the merchant's wares. He eventually picks out a small golden circlet studded with jacinths,and heads back up to his room to adapt the enchantments to his own ends Buying Circlet of Rapid Casting for 39000
Inae walks up to the merchant and sees the same oddly mushroom shaped hat. After handing the merchant some coins, her dragon spirit briefly manifests, colors of green and black swirling along it, then vanishes. She too leaves the hat where it is. Buying a Pileus Helm for 1080

Edited 1556633059
Master Seraphus totters up to the merchant and appraises his sales to Inae and Sayura from beneath bushy eyebrows, stroking his long white beard. "Hats, eh? Mushroom hats! Frivolous! Ridiculous! Your heads should be open to the sky so that if Lord Kord chooses to rain on you then he can do so without obstruction!" The merchant points at a thin gold circlet, and says: "Er...I could transfer the magic to this circlet if you'd prefer, sir? That will not impede your ability to be...uh...rained on...and also protect you against poison, and allow you to project your words into the minds of others without making a sound." Seraphus blusters for a moment further, then falls silent and narrows his eyes, before smacking a coin purse down on the table and making off with the circlet. Master Seraphus buying a Pileus Helm for 1080
Merric will appear in front of the merchant, a small horned helm on one hand and a pouch full of gold in the other one. He will place the pouch of gold in the merchants hands put the helm on and disappear from sight almost immediately. Merric buys a Horned Helm for ($1,800*0.6=$1,080) Kris will mage hand small spectacles closer to him and will produce a small pouch of gold out of his long coat with the other mage hand and start the transaction. Kris buys reading spectacles for ($520*0.6=$312)
Avelia peruses the merchant's wares, astounded by the collection of this odd fellow. After looking over the amazing and varied hats, while trying to keep her amazement concealed, she eventually points to one particularly sleek circlet. "This one meets my standards. Name your price." Once the transaction is complete, she takes the packaged circlet to her room, unpacks it and, with a smile, carefully places it into her hair, adjusting it to fit as if it had been a part of her style for a long time. She buys a Gaj Headdress (heroic) for 2520gp
Miss Stable approaches the merchant with a simple request: "I've been meaning to have a word with some people, in private" She picks up a hat, hands a bag of coins to the merchant and puts the hat on: "This will do the trick nicely" (Buying a Pileus Helm)
Malus brushes the dust and cobwebs from himself as he steps up to the merchant "Perhaps with one of these I wont be stuck standing around like a dazed fool for 9 months the next time my experiment fails." he says as he picks a Gaj Headdress from the stack of hats. Malus purchases a Gaj Headdress (heroic) for 2520gp
"This thing is actually pretty useful. I can see why they're suddenly so popular..." (Buys Pileus Helm for 1,080)