Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Master Journal

I would like to see a master journal section, an area I can place things that are 'shared' amongst multiple games. Perhaps with checkmarks so the GM can enable or disable them based on the game requirements.  This would reduce the workload on a GM who's using multiple custom aspects against many games. A more robust import/export system for the journal to include handouts mass character NPC and monster portability.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Doesn't address the mass aspect, but have you looked at the transmogrifier?
Scott I have not, I will look into it. Thanks for the suggestion.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
If you have a lot of custom things that you plan on using in almost every game, I would suggest you create a "base game" that you don't ever play.  Any time you start a new game, you copy that base game.  That way any characters, handouts, maps, decks, and rollable tables can be copied.  Keep your base game up to date with new stuff you come up with and it will always be ready for a fresh game start.

Edited 1558975872
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I use this method that Kraynic mentions. I create a base game and anything new is created in that game then I use the transmogrifier to shift the new individual items into active games for use. It has multiple effects: You can test out macro's all day long without worrying about the player's seeing the results. You can work on game materials without being interrupted. and various other effects. Give it a try and see if this helps. I do agree that a more robust import/export would be nice to have.
Kraynic, I've actually already started that path. I, however, do appreciate the advice. The biggest issue I have is when I 'add something new' it can be cumbersome to import it to all my tables. Transmogifier is going to help a lot in that regards. 
The transmogrifier is awesome and the base game concept is a huge time saver.  I would +1 the import/export suggestion, but I think I already did that to another topic awhile ago.  Not sure if it came of anything.
What I would like to see added to transmogrifier is 'folder import'
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .