Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Tokenmod and the new bar positioning

Hi! - Due to the latest update, the new bar positioning:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7411662/release-notes-for-apr-30-2019" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7411662/release-notes-for-apr-30-2019</a> ...is defaulted to 'Above'. I would like to change every token in my game to be 'Top Overlapping'. I'm 1/5 way through the Dungeons of the mad mage game, so that's probably amounts to 1000's of tokens i;ll need to update manually if I have to do i one by one... is there another way? - Perhaps using tokenmod? Thanks!
I've just realised that I can change the 'token defaults' in the Campaign settings page. - and I also know that I can 'apply defaults' when in the 'Experimental features' section. However, the Bar postion is the ONLY thing I want to change, and I don't want to accidentally mess up the 100's of tokens on my maps... like what links to each bar, auras, or player view permissions....
When you apply the default settings in the game, you can choose which default settings to apply, including Bar Location. Just check that option and none others and you should be good. Note that if you scroll back up you can see the progress bar as it works its way through your campaign.
Is there a way to do this such that it also affects the tokens assigned to characters?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I don't think so. The problem is that the settings fixes existing tokens, but does not change default tokens. If a token is on the board, it is changed. Tokens that have been saved as defaults to their sheets are not changed. They will be dragged to the board as they were saved. The Settings page will change token defaults, but it won't change default tokens.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
But you could drag out the tokens, run the settings change, then use tokenmod, and reassign the default tokens. It'll be pretty quick.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
For those with a pro subscription, yes. The game defaults page should work despite subscription level. In my humble opinion. :)

Edited 1556685894
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
True, but we are in the API forum, so I didnt see the need to use that qualifier here :) It is a thread about using tokenmod after all...
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Well this is not my evening. :D There are a number of threads about updating the tokens, and I missed which one this forum was in. I'm going to go do art, instead.
Thanks guys,
SᵃᵛᵃǤᵉ
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Where's that handy interface to set everything without writing a macro?