Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

How do I capture Roll20 audio without capturing all computer audio?

1557434936

Edited 1557435086
Hey, I'm currently on a Mac using OBS to livestream Roll20 gameplay, and I've run into a problem where I want to livestream Roll20 audio/video without capturing all of the audio on my computer. I have notifications, dings, sounds, and other things that I want in my normal life but do not want to appear on the livestream, but I also do not want to have to silence everything every single stream and turn on all notifications afterwards. I am able to capture my Discord audio by choosing the audio out and routing it that way, so I have some pipelines set up in OBS and it's working so far, but when I go to Roll20 and try to select the audio output, it doesn't let me select it for the music. I tried installing the chrome 'AudioPick' plugin, which allows certain tabs to output audio to whichever I choose, but since Roll20 doesn't use <audio /> or <video /> elements, AudioPick cannot change the output. Is there a way to change the audio output from Roll20? is there a different way I can capture Roll20 audio without capturing all computer audio?
1557448605
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Probably you'd need to install a driver for a fake audio output source which you can then direct only Chrome or Firefox to, then capture that device with OBS.  That's probably beyond the scope of help that can be provided by the Roll20 Community.
What Aaron is talking about is the same solution I'd suggest, I currently use (voice meter banana) which is freeware. Vb-audio also sells software to emulate a audio output source but this is windows only. As for MAC try searching for alternatives to voicemeeter on MAC, I found a couple but don't think posting links is bueno in the forums. 
Soundflower has been classic solution on macs for routing audio between applications.&nbsp; It'll show up as an audio source (I/O) which you can point your application's audio I/O to. <a href="https://github.com/mattingalls/Soundflower" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/mattingalls/Soundflower</a>